Book lounge: Under The Eagle by Simon Scarrow (for fans of Sharpes Rifles type books)

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I bought Under The Eagle by Simon Scarrow the other day at my local B&N bookstore, am about halfway done, and so far it's been a page-turner for sure.

I happened to notice them on the shelf (the store had 4 different books in the series), they looked interesting, so I bought the one with the earliest publishing date, which happens to be the 1st book of the series (I had no idea if there were more than the 4 on the shelf).

Unless the rest of the book turns stupid/gets crappy/whatnot, I would recommend this to any of you that are fans of the Sharpe's Rifles books by Bernard Cornwell. Basic story is that a veteran centurion in Rome's 2nd Legion on the German frontier gets a new recruit for his 'optio' (2nd in command) and the adventures that they go through, which will ultimately lead to the invasion of Britain, in 43 AD.

The authors byline on the back says that Simon Scarrow is a high school history teacher in/from Norfolk, England.

UtE.jpg

Back