Book jam - what you all reading?

A bit long in the tooth, but entertaining.
51sHNZW7eKL.jpg

Last edited:
Been on a run lately. 10 hours on a train weekly will do that.

Finished the latest Expanse (Babylon's Ashes)
The Ghost Rebellion
Star Wars: Aftermath
Armageddon: The Musical
The Antipope
10 volumes of the Beast Series (Warhammer 40K)
Emperor of Mankind
The Black Company
Heart Shaped Box
3/4's of the way through "Will Save the Galaxy for Food"

Been on a run lately. 10 hours on a train weekly will do that.

Finished the latest Expanse (Babylon's Ashes)
The Ghost Rebellion
Star Wars: Aftermath
Armageddon: The Musical
The Antipope
10 volumes of the Beast Series (Warhammer 40K)
Emperor of Mankind
The Black Company
Heart Shaped Box
3/4's of the way through "Will Save the Galaxy for Food"
I just read The Black Company a few weeks ago.

I thought it was alright, but it didn't make me rush out and buy (kindle) any more of them. Maybe some day I'll try the 2nd book in the series.

I thought it was alright, but it didn't make me rush out and buy (kindle) any more of them. Maybe some day I'll try the 2nd book in the series.

Same here.
I'm 1 and done unless hurting for more reading material.

I was told it was like Joe Abercrombie's series, but didn't grip me where his did.

Same here.
I'm 1 and done unless hurting for more reading material.

I was told it was like Joe Abercrombie's series, but didn't grip me where his did.
I'm reading Kings Of The Wyld by Nicholas Eames right now, it's alot more like Joe Abercrombie, and pretty good so far, I'm 40% or so into it.

Not quite as grim as Abercrombie, and a bit more humor, but I'm really enjoying it. Much more of a D&D-style world, full of orcs, trolls, wyverns, bugbears, ents, etc. etc. but no elves or dwarves (so far).

Always with the comics...

About 10 issues into 100 Bullets, 15 into All-New X-Men, and Clone. There are others and many that I'm all caught up on and awaiting latest issues every few weeks or months.

I finished the fifth book a few weeks ago. It's really starting to meander. I have the sixth (I bought a three book bundle) on my Kindle - I'm going to read it and hope it gets a little more focused before I decide if I'm going to move on. I like the characters (Croaker in particular) and that's why I've stuck with it but the plot is just going nowhere at this point.

I'm reading (listening to) The Name of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss for the 3rd time in 8 months. It's SO GOOD!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm reading (listening to) The Name of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss for the 3rd time in 8 months. It's SO GOOD!

When that book was released, he made a lot of promises in interviews about how he'd already completed reading the series, and that they would be released annually or bi-annually, and that readers shouldn't worry about having another George RR Martin or Robert Jordan on our hands.

With that promise, and with the criterial acclaim that it earned, I bought his book.

10 years later, we've had one more book, and he refuses to answer question or make statements, despite having blogged hundreds of thousands of words.

Fuck him.

When that book was released, he made a lot of promises in interviews about how he'd already completed reading the series, and that they would be released annually or bi-annually, and that readers shouldn't worry about having another George RR Martin or Robert Jordan on our hands.

With that promise, and with the criterial acclaim that it earned, I bought his book.

10 years later, we've had one more book, and he refuses to answer question or make statements, despite having blogged hundreds of thousands of words.

Fuck him.
Lol. I agree, it's a bit off putting. I long for the finale. His excuse is he refuses to put out a conclusion just to have a 3rd book and make the fans happy at the risk of everyone being pissed that it's half assed.
He never should have made those "promises". I totally agree.
It's still an amazing 2 books despite the awful cliffhanger we sit in today.
I hope he releases it in the next year but he's not saying.
He does blog a shit ton and that definitely pisses me off. It feels like hes not even working on it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Fuck him.
But he did write a 100 page novella, and then had it sold in hardcover for $25.

Come on, if that's not giving you content, I don't know what is rolleyes1

But he did write a 100 page novella, and then had it sold in hardcover for $25.

Come on, if that's not giving you content, I don't know what is rolleyes1

I don't begrudge him the format or the cost, that's his publisher doing his/her job.

It's the lie, followed by the distractions.

I don't begrudge him the format or the cost, that's his publisher doing his/her job.

It's the lie, followed by the distractions.
I begrudge him the cost. It should've been a $10 book at most, and even that's stretching it. I'll read it some day, when I find a cheap used one.

Back