Book jam - what you all reading?

Mostly stupid. A high recommendation then? Lol

The plot is too intricate and too sweeping to also make much sense. Also Cussler is a techno-thriller type who is good on trains and (especially) scuba diving and less good at politics and (especially) human interactions.

You pays your moneys and you takes your choices; it cost me 2.5 Euros and about a day of wall-clock time. More of either and I might 've wondered if I'd had the worse of the deal.

For those of you that are Joe Abercrombie fans (Grim Dark fantasy)

I'm about 25% thru this book right now and it's very entertaining. Very much like Joe Abercrombie but with more humor.

30841984.jpg

If the rest of the book lives up to the promise of the first 1/4 of it, go buy it :embarrassed:

How do you people find the time to read a book?

I've read many as a child and as a younger person, but can't seem to find time today....

Mint Juelps with Teddy Rosevelt

It's a history of presidential drinking. Light stuff, but entertaining enough for what it is.

Just started this. Is fantastic so far, tracing the influence of West African music and rituals through the diaspora, which appears to be not widely studied. Needs to be available in a less niche language. (Anyone here have contacts with the publishing world?)

starting this one today:

51ho9sYdwZL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'm just grabbing things I can read via Kindle since most of the time I can only read when I have my phone or ipad around.

Back