Book jam - what you all reading?

Love the Kinks but don't know a whole lot about their story (except for Dave and Ray hating each other) It's pretty good and quite an easy read.

51%2BEYTj2ABL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

11424392.jpg

Also I am putting my Duolingo Italian to actual use with Dylan Dog comics I have hoarded for over a decade. (Where possible I prefer to learn languages by reading pulp fiction.)

I'm reading King's Dark Tower series for like the forth (or is it the fifth?) time. o_O

I enjoyed the first four.

Overall, I don't think they're among of King's best stuff. I don't understand the fans clamouring for a TV/movie adaptation. And I think that it's kind of waste of Idris Elba's talents.

I enjoyed the first four.

Overall, I don't think they're among of King's best stuff. I don't understand the fans clamouring for a TV/movie adaptation. And I think that it's kind of waste of Idris Elba's talents.

I'm skeptical about the movie adaptation as well. It could be good if they limit the scope to one of the books (and if a lot of other things go right), but I'm not counting on it.

I'm skeptical about the movie adaptation as well. It could be good if they limit the scope to one of the books (and if a lot of other things go right), but I'm not counting on it.

If the first one is successful, they'll limit each new movie to one chapter from each book in order to make as many sequels as possible.

My understanding is it doesn't strictly follow the book, it's an alternate timeline or something.

Dyd213.jpg

After 38 pages of this 98 page graphic novella it is brought to my attention that the word "strega" (plural "streghe") means witch. I had been wondering why the bad guy kept shouting it at the nice lady (not pictured) he keeps trying to kill.

Back