Book jam - what you all reading?

I'm reading Collins' book now. It is really well written and has enough technical details to feed my space program knowledge hunger well.
41oNfYBLShL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Will need to keep a lookout for that :thu:

I dropped a book on the Germany offensives of 1918 into my hot tub last night so it's had to go in the bin :grin: Was pretty rubbish anyway.

Also been reading through the 2nd Game of Thrones book. I like dthe first one OK but it didn't amaze me and if the books are meant to be better than the show, I'll give it a miss.

I'm reading Ready Player One. I'm about 16% in and enjoying it. It makes me think of a future where Second Life really took off.

I've gotten completely distracted by comics lately. I'm working my way through Marvel's Runaways. I'm up to date with the Chew (which I totally binged), Walking Dead, and Saga. I also started Bomb Queen, which it comedic pulp without the "complexity" or "depth" of Deadpool.

Gonna start this one today:

9618295.jpg

Read two books of her before, one was very enjoyable, the other one was a bit of a mess, but the blurb on this one sounded interesting enough to get it.

Started this a few days ago
Richard_Adams_WatershipDown.jpg

And Carrying the Fire arrived Friday, so I've started that as well. Collins' ruminations on the Soviet space program are kind of funny in hindsight. It never ceases to amaze me how so many smart people were so wrong about the Soviet Union.

41wRNB1loHL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51wL4lxIYZL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

22522805.jpg

...plus a bunch of Indian cookbooks that I checked out of the library. Unfortunately, pretty much every recipe involves some ingredient available only occasionally and only at Indian markets.

Have you tried Amazon?
For cookbooks or for ingredients?

The cookbooks I have are fine, I think. However, my plan to make something this weekend crashed and burned when I couldn't find half the stuff I needed. I suppose I could mail order the non-perishables, but then I get stuck with a lot of oddities that I may not use again soon, if ever. I mean, how much asafetida and mustard oil does one need to keep on hand?

Plus I really don't want to go through the hassle of making my own paneer if I can just buy it at a store. But apparently I can't.

For cookbooks or for ingredients?

The cookbooks I have are fine, I think. However, my plan to make something this weekend crashed and burned when I couldn't find half the stuff I needed. I suppose I could mail order the non-perishables, but then I get stuck with a lot of oddities that I may not use again soon, if ever. I mean, how much asafetida and mustard oil does one need to keep on hand?

Plus I really don't want to go through the hassle of making my own paneer if I can just buy it at a store. But apparently I can't.
I was asking about asafetida back in the GJ days, and several folks told me not to bother, and to up the onions and garlic, so I'll pass that advice on untested. I've never heard of mustard oil, but I've ordered ingredients online without incident.

And making paneer is a pleasure.

Back