Book jam - what you all reading?

jbj

Poor old Geordie's array...
I recently picked up 12 Years a Slave and the Wolf of Wall Street.

Finished 12 Years a Slave and thought it was great.

Halfway through Wall Street just now and I'm really enjoying that too. Interesting that it reads like fiction but it's not.

Need to check out both the movies once I'm done.

What about you guys?

This thread was brought to you by new findings that reading basically makes your life the little bit more awesome :)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-26515836

Reactions: Tig
demandimpossible.jpg

How much did it cost to figure that out? :shrug:

I just started watching Game of Thrones. Is this related? Is it a good read?

This is book 5. Reading in order is a must. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire
Book 4 (A Feast for Crows) and 5 split the stories into a parallel like fashion. The story line is starting to merge again where I'm currently at.
Hopefully the 6th and 7th books will be completed before George R. R. Martin dies. panic0

Just reread the Hunger Games Trilogy after watching a bootleg of Catching Fire. I hate how much detail is stripped from a good stories to make movies (especially when they add or drag out insignificant stuff in place of important original content). Now I'm reading another YA fiction called Guitar Notes that's about music. Quick and harmless, but the title then the teaser grabbed my attention.

I have just requested Jack Bruce, Albert Lee, and Danny Gatton biographies from our main campus library that I'm eager to delve into. I've been dipping into Lewis's Perelandra for over a year. It's a small book, but it doesn't flow or grab me like the Chronicles of Narnia. I've also been reading a few chapters at a time of E Street Shuffle about Springsteen and the band from their meager beginnings to relatively recently. That author is an extreme fanboy and as a result the book seems to lack the subjectivity that non-fiction should ideally uphold. Of course that's the way of most non-fiction, especially in the modern era.

I read something, but I forgot what it was.

My overloaded schedule leaves me little time to read anything but my own writing. On the plus side, it's helped me develop a profound and sincere sympathy for my poor unfortunate readers.

z.jpg

I snagged this when it was one of Amazon's free kindle books. I love the humor. For example, at one point an alien disintegrates a human in an out of the way hallway in the White House for making fun of him. Another alien scolds the first for potentially drawing unwanted attention. The first alien says "It's OK, he won't be missed - he was a tobacco lobbyist"

51YMYZ8BpUL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-v3-big,TopRight,0,-55_SX278_SY278_PIkin4,BottomRight,1,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

I have several books about Joe Hill; this one claims to have proof of his innocence. I haven't had much chance to read it lately as I was finishing a CD that contains a number of his songs.

cover2.jpg

excellent fantasy writer. Mark, if you like this genre, you would like this book.

it's Book 1 of a trilogy (aren't they all), the second one is out now.

Halfway through the Divergent series. If it weren't skewed towards teenage girls it'd be better, but it's alright for what it is.

:facepalm:

Back