BluGuitar Amp1

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member

http://www.destroyallguitars.com/component/hikashop/item/1241-bluguitar-amp1

$799.99

item is in stock

DESCRIPTION:
If you’ve ever dreamed of an amp that can fulfill all your personal and professional requirements onstage and in the studio, and that at the same time is so small and light it can be carried in your gig bag, wake up, because we’re not in Kansas anymore - the Amp 1 is here and it’s real.

Thomas Blug has single-handedly revolutionized the amp industry! This product simply must be heard and played to be believed. It is a major mind blower with the ability to get about 95 to 99% of the way to mimicking ANY top shelf tube amp, vintage or modern as well as producing endless tones of its own.

Make no mistake, this is not a modeler. It is a miniaturized tube amp with 4 channels, a boost function, reverb, a loop, separate volume and master tone controls for each channel, a footpedal with full control over all features including a second master/power soak and the ability to store presets for making songs and set-lists a breeze and enough other functions to make your head spin.

The Amp1's price tag of $800 (!!!) along with its tiny footprint and ultra-light-weight sets it far apart from anything you've ever experienced. With clean tones that sit right alongside the very best Tweed and Blackface amps and overdriven tones that rival any vintage or modern Marshall as well as Soldano, Boogie, and any and all the boutique brands one could think of. THIS IS NOT A TOY OR A NOVELTY. THIS IS ONE OF THE FINEST AMPS AVAILABLE regardless of size and price.

You would be comfortable with the Amp1 at any gig or studio session….and yes, it plays at a whisper or into headphones with no speaker load necessary and it has a magnificent direct record function.

Don’t miss out on this marvel of our modern age!

Versatile and Loud
AMP1 ™ is designed for professional use onstage and in the studio. The NANOTUBE ™ 100-watt power amp delivers your own tonal palette with the best tube quality and enormous sound pressure levels. Four amazing, modifiable channels will take you on a stunning journey through the history of the guitar amp (from clean to vintage to classic and modern tones), and AMP1 ™ also features switchable and adjustable boost and reverb controls, three integrated footswitches, a truly outstanding speaker simulation mode for recording, and a headphone output, giving you all the options you would expect from a modern, boutique tube amp.

Flexible
You can take your AMP1 ™ with you wherever you are – it fits right in your gigbag. It’s incredibly compact and very light. Just to make everything that little bit quicker before and after the gig, AMP1 TM can be securely attached to (and then removed from) a single handle on your pedalboard or amp cab thanks to EASYLOCK ™ – the magnetic attachment system from BluGuitar®. With the REMOTE1 ™ floor control you can build AMP1 ™ into a fully programmable amp system – including adjustable PowerSoak and MIDI functions. AMP1 ™ offers you the ultimate in practicality and tonal flexibility.

Individual
AMP1 ™ will make you stand out from the crowd. It offers you every possibility to find your own personal tone without having to get lost in a jungle of countless functions. If you’re a player who needs just two basic sounds, then AMP1 ™ is your perfect match. Should you want more sounds to play with, though, REMOTE1 ™ offers a bunch of extra possibilities. Plus, if you want to integrate your favourite pedals into your AMP1 ™ setup, use the REMOTE1 ™ with the LOOPERKIT ™ to create a fully programmable switching system featuring four true bypass relay loops. You decide what you need. Thomas' tip: less is often more! ;-)

Your Tone
Only with 'your tone' will you become one with your guitar. Find it, and you'll be truly happy. You'll find that it's not just AMP1's ™ tones that inspire you, but that its playing feel will also draw you in – until you're hooked! AMP1's ™ direct response, booming bass that never muddies, trebles that never get tinny and annoying, and almost unfathomable depth of tone allow you to become one with your guitar. With AMP1 ™ and its custom controls you have everything you need to find your own tone!

The World's Most Compact Amp Head
AMP1 ™ is a fully analogue amp with four separate channels amplified by a new breed of 100-watt Class D tube poweramp. The first channel is for clean tones, and the other three are for overdrive. Each channel can be boosted with an extra dose of gain, thanks to AMP1's ™ built-in adjustable boost control. AMP1 ™ is also perfect for use without a loudspeaker, either with headphones or for 'Silent Recording.' You can use AMP1 ™ like an amp head on top of your cab, connect it up to your effects board and stompboxes, or simply have it on the floor in front of you. The underside of AMP1 ™ also features a handy recess that allows the system to sit safely on cabs that have carry handles on top.

The Amp At Your Feet
AMP1's ™ three illuminated footswitches let you select Clean/Overdrive, Boost and Reverb settings. In a special Preset Mode, the footswitches can also be programmed to bring up your preferred settings (using either the Clean, Vintage, Classic or Modern channel, and with Boost and Reverb either on or off). REMOTE1 ™ has been developed to enable direct access by footswitch to all four of AMP1's ™ channels, the FX loop, Reverb, Boost, a second Master Volume, and PowerSoak controls. A mono jack cable between AMP1 ™ and REMOTE1 ™ powers the system and simultaneously assigns all switching functions to REMOTE1 ™.

Simply Flexible
With AMP1 ™ it’s possible to build a complete 100-watt guitar amp and effects setup on your pedalboard for the first time ever. This will really help reduce the amount of cabling you’ll need to use, which not only benefits your tone, but will save you an awful lot of time with assembly and clear-up before and after the gig! AMP1's ™ complete set of functions (direct access to all Channels, and additional features like the second Master Volume and PowerSoak) can be used in combination with REMOTE1 ™. You can store presets with all these functions on REMOTE1 (TM), and at the same time REMOTE1's ™ MIDI out can be used to switch programmes on external MIDI-capable effect devices. If you want to control your AMP1 ™ with another MIDI footswitch setup, then the MIDI1 ™ Adapter is available. LOOPERKIT, a loop extension (featuring four true bypass relay loops) is available for players who want to integrate their favourite guitar effects pedals into the AMP1 ™ system, making pedalboard tap dancing and sound loss a thing of the past!

SPECS:
- Channels: Clean, Vintage, Classic, Modern
- Power: 100 watt
- Effects: reverb, noise gate
- Effects loop: serial - parallel, -10dB or +4dB
- Switching: clean - overdrive, boost, reverb
- MIDI: optional with MIDI1 adapter

- Special features: custom control, phones, recording out, silent recording, 2nd master, PowerSoak
- Speaker out: 1 x 8O, 1 x 16O
- Voltage: AC 100-240V
- Dimensions: 245 x 68 x 192 mm
- Weight: 2 lbs.

PRICING INFO:
- $799.99

I don't know why, but I'm having a problem imaging that thing NOT setting the carpet on fire. How can a thing like that possibly manage the heat from a 100 watt tube amp?!?!?!? panic0

This fully programmable, MIDI capable amplifier with built in digital effects, direct line level outputs, no speakers, and a colorful LED screen is NOT A MODELER!

OK Sparky, sure thing.

Poh-tah-tow.

In the interest of fairness, I watched the demo again from my PC through my studio monitors instead of the phone/Bluetooth headphones as before.

Still sounds like moist ass.

Carry on.

I don't know why, but I'm having a problem imaging that thing NOT setting the carpet on fire. How can a thing like that possibly manage the heat from a 100 watt tube amp?!?!?!? panic0

It's for your Great White tribute band. Now the carpet CAN match the drapes. :embarrassed:

100 watt Class D amplifiers won't get that hot. It's also more than I would ever need in my den.

This would be right up my ally though as far as dream unit, at least for what I do. If it sounded good in person.

I could see musicians touring with these and just sticking them behind the local opening act’s gear so the audience doesn’t know. Why worry about your 100-watt head being broken or stolen when you can just toss two of these in a backpack and keep it with you?

Actually, the whole thing's been done before:

image.php

In the interest of fairness, I watched the demo again from my PC through my studio monitors instead of the phone/Bluetooth headphones as before.

Still sounds like moist ass.

Carry on.
Is that better than "swamp ass"?

Only listened through earphone headphones but given that and it's a compressed web video it sounded pretty good until he used the modern setting on it's own. Scooping the mods just made that worse, YMMV. However playing with the backing track it sat in the mix reasonably well on the modern setting. Interested enough that I'd certainly like to try one out in real life.

Most of the tones didn't sound too bad to me. Some of the modern settings were harsh though. I just don't think the unit sounds $800 good when there are other, cheaper options out there.

edit: I listened/watched the video on the BluGuitar Amp page, not the one Mark posted. The video by the designer is much better.

Last edited:
Back