Hot or Not? BluGuitar Amp1 Nanotube

wok

Unholy Meat Obelisk
I am actually quite keen on trying this out. No more lugging around heavy tube heads

Watchoo think?

Not too bad...I thought the lower gain tones were a bit lacking but the high gain stuff sounded pretty good. It would depend on how it "feels". I'm not sure by this demo that it's gonna make me want to replace my tube amp with it.

Not too bad...I thought the lower gain tones were a bit lacking but the high gain stuff sounded pretty good. It would depend on how it "feels". I'm not sure by this demo that it's gonna make me want to replace my tube amp with it.

It is tube driven, so naturally you won't get the sparkly cleans of a solid state amp. I thought the cleans are pretty serviceable from what is essentially a 100-watt Marshall

As an alternative, try a Vox MV50 head instead. Much cheaper (although only one voice per head), and uses similar technology:

mv.png

I have the AC version, and it sound fantastic - chimey and tubey, even with the matching little 8" cab. The Clean version is very Fender-y. Have not tried the Rock version.

As an alternative, try a Vox MV50 head instead. Much cheaper (although only one voice per head), and uses similar technology:

View attachment 34960

I have the AC version, and it sound fantastic - chimey and tubey, even with the matching little 8" cab. The Clean version is very Fender-y. Have not tried the Rock version.

You still digging this guy? I've been thinking about giving one a spin.

Idk...tube preamp/ss poweramp hybrids seem to always promise the best of both worlds but always land just a bit short to convince the average guitarist to abandon their traditional tube amps. There's already a slew on the market in either pedal or head & combo formats....some like em, many don't. If someone manages to hit that sweet spot of 95% basic characteristics of an all tube amp, at gig volumes, through a standard guitar cab, then maybe you got something

Idk...tube preamp/ss poweramp hybrids seem to always promise the best of both worlds but always land just a bit short to convince the average guitarist to abandon their traditional tube amps. There's already a slew on the market in either pedal or head & combo formats....some like em, many don't. If someone manages to hit that sweet spot of 95% basic characteristics of an all tube amp, at gig volumes, through a standard guitar cab, then maybe you got something

Honestly, I think they have the hybrids backwards. I run my tube amps clean and use solid state pedals for dirt and drive. It's the power section that needs the tubes for me.

Back