Dig it! Blackstar ID Core BEAM

CBHScott

How did I get here?
So I tried this out t' other day. Not bad - I guess it is gonna compete with the Yamaha THR series, but the Blackstar also can accommodate bass and acoustic, plus has Bluetooth for streaming music or backing tracks, and sounds really good doing so.

I want to give the THRs another try, but every time I try one it seems that they fart out pretty easily, whereas the Blackstar goes a bit further. Plus the BS is $20 less :embarrassed:

IDCOREBEAM-large.jpg

750-IDCOREBEAM_detail1.jpg

I went to Sam Ash with one of my students and that one was definitely the winner in his price range.

It looks cool, but I don't think it is something I would ever use. I have never had a practice rig and a gig/jam rig. It is always the same thing. I have my gear in my office (the basement) so I have my computer right there when I need to youtube or spotify a song to play along with.

Looks very cool! And the demo I watched sounded pretty nice too.
If I didn't already love my Super Champ, I'd definitely consider this.

Pretty cool demos online. I had a Vox Mini 3 that I gave to my granddaughter when I got her a guitar for her birthday. If I ever decide to replace that small, portable amp, this might just be the one.

It's a small modeler that doubles as a bluetooth speaker system for music. You can also plug in an acoustic or a bass.

Gotta say, though, that after A/B-ing the ID Core BEAM against the Yamaha THRs, the THRs crush the Blackstar from a guitar tone standpoint, although they both struggle to get a decent audible clean tone without getting all muddy and flubby. If I had to choose between the two, I would get the Yamaha.

Back