Black and yellow swirling

I've seen that, and I still cannot figure out how it works.
I saw a video once that explained the process. I can't remember the details, but I know borax is involved to remove water tension.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

I've seen that, and I still cannot figure out how it works.

It's oil based paints which float on water. You put borax in to increase surface tension to help the paint float.

GM used to paint their chassis this way in the 50-60's. They had huge water vats and just kept black paint floated out over it, dipped the chassis in. Paint sticks to the metal as it goes through, keeps the water off the rest. Cheaper than having a thousand gallons of paint in the tank.

It's oil based paints which float on water. You put borax in to increase surface tension to help the paint float.

GM used to paint their chassis this way in the 50-60's. They had huge water vats and just kept black paint floated out over it, dipped the chassis in. Paint sticks to the metal as it goes through, keeps the water off the rest. Cheaper than having a thousand gallons of paint in the tank.
Do you feel this is something that can be done at home?

With it being oil-based paints what do you use to clearcoat?

Do you feel this is something that can be done at home?

With it being oil-based paints what do you use to clearcoat?

Yep sure. It's just a garbage can full of water.

I'd imagine lacquer or urethane would be fine.

yes ive seen this before. I think its a lot harder to do than than it looks...

also

'black and yellow black and yellow black and yellow black and yellow......' disco-084

try not getting this earworm stuck

GOD DAMN I LOVE SWIRLS!!!

I have like 7 of them now and they are all so damn unique and cool. I know that they are not for everyone but I love them.

Green_Swirl_Jem_04.jpg

Vai_Swirl_00.jpg

Zuul_Puzzle_Vai_00.jpg

Metalic_Swirl_Jem_06.jpg

Back