Bigsby users? Come in here for a minute.

BlackCat

American Greaser
I've been using the Reverend Soft Touch spring for more than a year. I've quite gotten used to it. I just got a new guitar with a Bigsby and it seems stiff by comparison. I'm going with a soft spring on that one too.
To my mind it's a $10 mod that's well worth it. I will caution though that I had to put in a shim to get the correct arm height on my arch top.

Anyway it's the one on the right. Less coils and thinner wire.

springs.jpg

I knew that was a poor choice of words while I was writing it. But only because we're a bunch of dirty minded bastards.

I installed them in both my Bigsby guitars and its def gonna take some getting used to. Not sure if I like it so sensitive, seems more like a Strat term feel.

I read on the Internet that a clip-on tuner can impact your tone. If that's the case, then I can only imagine what a wimpy Bigsby spring will do to your tone. You should run some blind tests to see how changing the spring impacts the tone of your guitar.

Hmm I have thought about changing the spring on my Bigsby on my Gretsch but I have to replace my bridge to a roller type first and possibly the nut to a Tusc. Tension is not a concern vs keeping the ax in tune at this time.

Back