Big Rock Engineering F1 Pick

Stratguy

Coffee Junky
I ran across a reference to the pick, and decided to check it out. It seems very interesting, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it. It is supposed to be much easier to grip, and allows the player to be much more relaxed.

I'm just including a picture for reference, and haven't given a web link to the site, because I don't want to appear to be promoting something.

cell-blk.jpg

I've not seen that...Interesting...

I'm at the stage where a pick is almost obsolete...

I can use a ribbed pick for bluegrass(picking,strumming),but other than that a pick won't let me get the same feel as my fingers...

Interesting though.............

Last edited:
I've got some.
I like how they feel in my hand. They're easy to hang on to and keep properly oriented.

They are very clicky though. A thinner material at the tip might help.
I've even thought about filling the loop with putty or something like that to get rid of the little acoustic chamber that seems to amplify the noise.

It doesn't really matter on stage, but noodling on an acoustic, it's annoying.

I've also got some of their metal saddles that you can stick onto your own picks.
I haven't tried them out, but it makes great sense if the saddles suit you.
Actually, I'm going to give them a go soon as I've got a pack of picks that I like.

I went through a weird pick phase years ago. I was looking for a solution to dropped picks, and still have a couple of those. They are ok I guess, but they have been at the bottom of my pick jar for years. I'll have to dig one out and give it another go.

I kinda liked this one, though I don't think I could use it in public. Haven't used it in years either. Besides the geeky look, I don't like that much pick between fingers and strings. Hard to drop though.

orbit-pick.jpg

Back