Big butt pork ass in the smoker

I love having meat in the smoker. It's like planting a magic meat seed. The harvest will be just before lunchtime tomorrow. :cool:
drool0
We've triangulated your signal and our noses will home in on the exact house. Stand by for invasion...

Gotta grill some pork tenderloin Sunday. Wife always gets it sliced, so it cooks in less than 20 mins. :mad:

Reactions: Tig
Gotta grill some pork tenderloin Sunday. Wife always gets it sliced, so it cooks in less than 20 mins. :mad:

Mrs T Cooks a mean tenderloin pork. She seasons it, covers with foil for the majority of the cooking and puts it on a basting pan with some water under it in the oven. Tender and tasty!

Mrs T Cooks a mean tenderloin pork. She seasons it, covers with foil for the majority of the cooking and puts it on a basting pan with some water under it in the oven. Tender and tasty!

I think one of the great things about a tenderloin is that you really have to work at drying them out. I just marinade and toss on the grill or do a rub and smoke them.

My wife and daughter refuse to eat pork because "pigs are too intelligent". So, the only time I get to indulge are those infrequent occasions when my son and Iget together for a meal. :(

If pigs were really that smart, wouldn't they figure out a way to be less delicious?

Shoulder. At least I think - "Boston butt."

Butts are shoulders.....named as such because they used to be 'scrap' cuts packed in barrels, also called a butt. Around here if it's the lower section of the shoulder, they call it a picnic roast. Boston butts are the upper shoulder/blade portion. The rear haunch is part of the leg roast.

16 hours on the dot. Got to taste some bark and meat nibbles that came off as I was getting it into the cooler to rest - oh my goodness so tasty.

351496C6-E1A2-49BD-8697-A8D27904650D.jpg~original

Now I've got a chicken on there for us to eat during the week. :cool:

My wife and daughter refuse to eat pork because "pigs are too intelligent". So, the only time I get to indulge are those infrequent occasions when my son and Iget together for a meal. :(

If pigs were really that smart, wouldn't they figure out a way to be less delicious?

I've worked on pig farms. They are very smart

They are also very delicious drool0

I don't have the patience for a smoker but I love me some smoked meat. Today though will be roast leg of lamb Dude00

Back