big board...now updatier.

Guitar Heel

Demented Trick
Today's project. I dig it quite a bit. I could use a little more dirt though. :wink: Also might be the only place you'll see a silver pony sitting next to a red llama.

image.jpg

I think you should replace the noise gate with a dirt pedal :grin:

Is the noise gate the first thing in your signal path? (after the tuner)

I think you should replace the noise gate with a dirt pedal :grin:

Is the noise gate the first thing in your signal path? (after the tuner)

:lol:

Yep, I've read pros and cons for each end, but the one that made the most sense was to put it in front, before the dirt, so there's less noise to suppress. Works pretty well with the SG Classic (which is pretty much the reason I have it).

Maybe you could A group/B group your pedals to give you different colors and variations. The biggest task would be which goes to which group.

:lol:

Yep, I've read pros and cons for each end, but the one that made the most sense was to put it in front, before the dirt, so there's less noise to suppress. Works pretty well with the SG Classic (which is pretty much the reason I have it).

I've never seen one in the front like that. I tried a noise suppressor for a little while in my last band and I don't know if I ever used it right. It would silence the noise when I wasn't playing, but as soon as I started, the noise came through. I just ended up ditching it and rolling my volume knob down when I wasn't playing.

I've never seen one in the front like that. I tried a noise suppressor for a little while in my last band and I don't know if I ever used it right. It would silence the noise when I wasn't playing, but as soon as I started, the noise came through. I just ended up ditching it and rolling my volume knob down when I wasn't playing.
I use it very subtly. Otherwise it just kicks the shit out of your tone. At bedroom levels, it does the trick.

I know I have asked before, but how do you like the Lunar Module? Compared to the Vick Pi?

I know I have asked before, but how do you like the Lunar Module? Compared to the Vick Pi?
I like it a lot. Not as much gain on tap as the Vick and the W&C, so it goes on and off of the board. But it does sound really nice. Very smooth. The W&C and the Rams Head just sounded too similar to keep on the same board, so the Vick landed...get it...on the small board. One small step and all that.

Back