Big Black Bear in my Yard...

It's widely acknowledged that the Pocono bears are extremely adept at dumpster diving and have diabetic/obese tendencies.
maybe so.....but that doesn't explain the A.N.F. bears.....no dumpsters up there.....no nothing up there, well, fracking these days, but bears can't eat fracking.

maybe so.....but that doesn't explain the A.N.F. bears.....no dumpsters up there.....no nothing up there, well, fracking these days, but bears can't eat fracking.

Yeah, hear you. Another thing is the number of bear tracks you see in snow anymore. Don't remember seeing that 20-30 years ago.

Yeah, hear you. Another thing is the number of bear tracks you see in snow anymore. Don't remember seeing that 20-30 years ago.

a couple years ago, i was up there thanksgiving weekend (deer season usually starts that monday after)....and i was scouting around the ridges and didn't see ANY deer tracks and it seemed strange.....then i started looking around more carefully and noticed that not only were there no deer, there were not more squirrels nor birds....the woods were completely quiet. it was then that i realized that the animals had "left"......cuz of the fracking.

i expect the bear are being driven out of their deep hollows......i know they've always walked thru our back yard at the camp......but only once in a while.

Black bears are generally soft and cuddly, unlike Grizzly bears. They like to wrestle, too, and eat marshmallows.

Back