Better late than never... cvogue is playing Dead Space!

cvogue

Yes, that's Oolong. :)
If you've seen my Alien Isolation thread you know I've gotten into the whole stealth/horror genre. Heard Dead Space was fun so I'm going through it. It's a good game, not nearly as scary as AI, not even in the same ballpark. More of a shoot-em-up kind of game but still a good time. I blew through the first 4 chapters pretty quickly but the end of 4 and chapter 5 are slowing me down. :grin:

There's a horror aspect to Dead Space but no real stealth at all...

I wanted to play SOMA, the new one from Frictional games (Amnesia fame) but my laptop can't handle it apparently. Grrr! :mad:

Last edited:
the FEAR games are kinda along the same lines - basically shooters, with some jump scares and slightly creepy ambiance. pretty much the best shotgun in gaming ever too.

OK, I got Dead Space 2 along with Dead Space 1 in a package deal... finished DS1, a lot of fun.

DS2 is really kicking my ass. Seems a lot harder out of the gate. Anyone else find this to be true. Better graphics and more stable controls but I died a half dozen times in the first 2 minutes of the game, no easy intro... :-\

Haven't played too much of the Deadspace games, but I distinctly remember that into of DS2. Real ballbuster.

What is AI?

I'm only an occasional gamer. I got 2 old games (I wait until they're 20 bucks on clearance) for Christmas since I'm out of Far Cry games "The Last of US" and Fallout New Vegas", played The Last of Us first. Big Mistake, completely turned off by Fallout now.

What is AI?

I'm only an occasional gamer. I got 2 old games (I wait until they're 20 bucks on clearance) for Christmas since I'm out of Far Cry games "The Last of US" and Fallout New Vegas", played The Last of Us first. Big Mistake, completely turned off by Fallout now.

AI = Alien Isolation... outstanding stealth/horror game. So immersive it's scary (literally!)

So why was it a big mistake to play Last of Us? Did it ruin Fallout for you? Just wondering.

Big time ruined. Fallout is just so choppy and awkward playing after that.

Gotcha.

If you're a fan of the Alien movies (or just really like stealth/horror games) you've gotta try Isolation. It's dirt cheap now on Steam I think, been out for well over a year.

OK, finished DS, DS2 and DS3... good games, really good. DS1 and DS2 are very similar and DS 3 is different, more cut scenes and different play style. Good story throughout.

Now, Im debating whether to get the extension to DS3 (Awakened) or try SOMA. Heard that SOMA is more like Alien Isolation.

Back