Best anniversary present EVAR! Wife bought tickets for Austin F1

Tiltsta

Show me your frittatas
Staff member
My 20th wedding anniversary was this past Thursday. Wife surprised me with two plane tickets, a hotel room for 4 days, and two tickets to the Austin Formula 1 race at Circuit of the Americas. :thu: I'm pretty darn excited, as I have never been to an F1 race. My mom told me I went to an F1 race at Watkins Glen in utero in 1969, but that doesn't really count.

Man, I hadn't decided if I was going this year, but now I might have to.

Awesome...our 20th is coming up..I could make a suggestion :idea:
Alternatively we have a plant in Austin...I need someone to make a crisis that I'm the only one that can fix...on the week before the race

I have been there twice, and I had a lot of fun both times. Too bad you missed the V-8's, but you will still have a very good time there. The folks at COTA do a great job.

lol. I made the same joke with the wife and got a punch in the arm. I even suggested I could bring her jugsy kick boxing friend Sarah.
I'm not an F1 (or NASCAR either, for that matter) fan, but I'd go to an F1 race with a jugsy kick boxing gal :embarrassed:

Excellent gift! :thu:

Mrs. Roach has been hinting that she wants to got to that also.

Actually it wasn't really a hint. She said, "I want to go to the F1 race in Austin."

I won't be their this year, which really sucks because I just found out that Duran Duran are playing at the circuit.

Dammit.

Got the tickets via FedEx this afternoon. I'm pumped up for this race. Looks like the championship is going to go down to the wire, so the Austin race will be relevant to the championship.

Have fun. I couldn't go this year, but I am thinking about going again next year. It's an expensive event, but totally worth it IMO.

I'm leaving for Austin tomorrow afternoon. I'm pretty psyched about the weekend ahead of me.

photo TIcket.jpg

Back