Help! Best 6-in-line locking tuners

My favorite locking tuners are Sperzel and Hipshot. I am not sure if Hipshot make left handed ones (for reverse headstocks) though.

Both fine choices. I've used both, like both. My only real gripe about Hipshot is they don't have my favorite button choices for my 3+3 headstock. For 6 inline the small butterbean is fine. Love their "tort' butterbean.

I'm going to have to be contrarian regarding the above choices. I can't stand the big freakin knobs on the back of each tuner.

The Gotoh Vintage Locking Tuner looks like a Fender vintage tuner even from 3 feet away. The only difference is that instead of feeding the string into the top slot, you use a dime to lock the post down on the string... and then tune away! Lightweight, functional, and attractive.

14560d1220746348t-gotoh-locking-tuners-gotoh_locking_vintage_oval_knob_tuners_detail-jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

I have these on my Telecaster and loathe them. I would trade them straight up for a set of Fender split shaft tuners.

I really wish Waverly made locking tuners. Sperzels work great, but I hate the look and feel of the keys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jin Ho makes excellent locking tuners. They’re a PITA to find from normal dealers because Jin Ho mostly sells OEM to Korean factories, but you can find them on eBay for around $40. The design is similar to 18:1 Schallers but with a 19:1 ratio. Just be warned that they’re machined from some heavy steel, so don’t put them on a neck heavy instrument.

They're almost identical. The Phase III's just have an open back and are a little lighter.

Not at all. The PRS tuners are top down. The Gotohs are bottom-up, even though there's no wheel. I'd trade for an inline 6 set of PRS tuners too.

I meant Phase II's and Phase III's. I have II's on my Goldtop and Orange PRS, I have III's on the DGT neck.

I do see what you mean about the pin being top down. The PRS style tuners make a ton of sense.

I meant Phase II's and Phase III's. I have II's on my Goldtop and Orange PRS, I have III's on the DGT neck.

I do see what you mean about the pin being top down. The PRS style tuners make a ton of sense.

ah. morning reading comprehension. my bad.

Probably going with Sperzels or Gotohs, they seem to be the closest to what I need.

It's actually not that easy to find lefty/reversed 6-in-line tuners that are good quality, decent price and available in the UK

Probably going with Sperzels or Gotohs, they seem to be the closest to what I need.

It's actually not that easy to find lefty/reversed 6-in-line tuners that are good quality, decent price and available in the UK

No idea how good Vanson are but I found these left handed ones on ebay in the UK:

Chrome for £25.80

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-x-Vanso...al_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item19f330f7de

Black for £26.80

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-x-Vanso...al_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1e90d1bfc6

I've used Grover Locking Mini-Rotomatics on a couple of builds and am very happy with them. Direct drop-in replacement for modern Strats. Unlike Sperzels, etc., they don't add any weight to the headstock and they are auto-locking - slip the string through the hole, turn it a bit and it's done. They have an 18:1 gearing which makes them really nice to tune up. Allparts carries them.

Back