Being And Nothingness Part IV

yeah, I absolutely fail at cushy gubment job.

When I worked for OU (state employee) we were in a busy clinic and busted ass 8 hours a day. We shared some shop space with the maintenance guys, who were genius in figuring ways to avoid work.
The guy I worked with and I used to joke that those guys worked harder at avoiding work than their actual job was.
It was a bizarre situation.

How does that happen? Does the guy in California look in a national database or something?
Which also begs the question as to why a lady in Florida was calling a dealer in California?
Part of the Mitsubishi DealerLink system is a parts locator program...you can check any part for stock at the DCs and it also shows the dealers that have on in their inventory...in this case it's for a brake line from a 2002 Montero Sport that I, apparently, am the only one to have...

...how she got to talking to a Cali dealer is beyond me...

Some of the early CDs did sound pretty crummy. The recordings weren't mastered for the format and limitations in the source recordings could be pretty obvious. But they got better.
Honestly, I mostly thought CDs sounded better than vinyl with few exceptions.
But MP3 is nowhere near as good as CD to my ears.
Depends on the encoding. Some are great, some are shit. I rarely buy music in a digital format. I'll buy CDs and rip them to MP3 myself at a higher bit rate.

Sent from my Moto X 2014 using Tapatalk

Played Foo's old Marauder all day today.
I don't care what anyone says, that's a sweet guitar. The sound is quite Fender-y but with fatter mids. I like it.

I had an unfortunate incident last night...the box spring on my bed collapsed so I spent part of today picking up a new bed and setting it up instead of working on my amp stack...

...oh well, tomorrow is another day...

image.jpg

Foo gave me the Woodford for Christmas.
My buddy Mark bought the others. I guess he's making up for lost time since getting out of the big house.

I was thinking this morning that I haven't had any client issues all week and I wasn't going to let anything ruin my good mood. Then a client calls and says "Did you read that email from so-and so?". I rush back to my office and find out I have to fire a person I had just hired three weeks ago because of something that came up in a background check from like fifteen years ago, but they can't tell me what it is and so I have to call this person and drop this bomb on them.
Fuck me, I hate firing people. I hate hiring and firing people. I hate losing sleep at night over clients and employees and billing and expenses and projects.
There, I feel better.

Back