Behold and comment: The most "80s" music video ever?

Ignored Member

Neutered male
This video contains an unprecedented number of 80s cliches. If I wasn't there, I would assume it was actually a well-done parody.

The most amazing thing to me is how it doesn't lock in on any single trend. It passes through all of them. It's like the producer was going down a checklist:

[x] Mullet w/gel
[x] Lightweight jacket with sleeves pushed up
[x] Moonwalk
[x] Day-glo
[x] Pointless robot dancing

...and on and on.... Check out that drum sound, too.

For the record, I like a lot of Ronnie Milsap's songs. This video, though, is like bad time capsule material. :eek:

All funny aside.....

I used to curl up on the couch with a young lady who was baby sitting a cab drivers two children..
After supper and when we put the children to bed,we'd break out the wine and listen to Ronnie Milsap...

I may be wrong but I think 'Smokey Mountain Rain',may be one of the firsts where a country singer had a hit in the pop's..

Ronnie is very cool and one of those dudes,like Dwight Yoakam,that cross genres success fully,and even the younger generations appreciate...

One of my favorite tunes to sing is 'Please Don't Tell Me How The Story Ends'....

Rock on RM...Wherever you are...............

I had vaguely remembered this going in. But boy, you may have hit the nail on the head finding this one.

Jeeze, they even got Hervé Villechaize.
And, if I'm not mistaken, that's a young Mariska Hargitay as the love interest.
Man, that's just awful! Though Mariska looks quite lovely.

Whatever part of my brain is in charge of facial recognition is top notch.
The rest of my brain, however...

Back