Bob411

thrumming with potential
P1100257.JPG
P1100258.JPG
P1100259.JPG
P1100260.JPG
P1100261.JPG
P1100262.JPG
Birthday present is here. Should of taken a close up of bridge. My first question was, will this bridge work? Don't mind filling holes, and drilling new ones, but if I don't have to, that's better. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acce...dard-tele-bridgeplate-and-saddle-kit?rNtt=joe barden&index=17

I want twang for this one. The best sounding youtube video for a bridge pup is this one. http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/telecaster/vintage-output/alnico_ii_pro_f_1/ Still interested in the Twang King, and Wilde Keystones but, haven't found a video of great sounding twang from either. Some videos are just crap quality, and some videos the player could probably make anything sound great. If anybody has a video, or clip of either, please post.

I have my pots, switch tip, but still no switch. Presently, it's wired with no switch, two volumes.

Besides making my own, is Pickguard Heaven the only place to get a Pickguard for a Reactor.

I think I recognize the same tuners that came on my Predator. Was hopeing somebody would of upgraded them. No it doesn't stay in tune. How does a guitar this old, not have better tuners by now?

HNGD!

I've never seen a sunburst finish quite like that before. Is there a story behind it?

I think I'd find a bridge that matches the existing holes, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. It would look nice in solid red.

HNGD!

I've never seen a sunburst finish quite like that before. Is there a story behind it?

There probably is. I bought it from GC used so, no idea what the story is. Having striped a guitar before, I do find it incredible that they went to all that work, then got the spray paint out. Drugs? Alcohol? Possessed by demons? I don't know.

So far:

P1100276.JPG

Put a Rockfield PAF I've had forever in it. Added a pup ring. It's cream, what I had. ...and moved the neck pickup to the left a bunch. 5 way switch in. Knobs are from a Hendrix octave fuzz, Closest to Tele knobs I had on hand. Bottom knob is volume, top knob is spin a split for neck.

Went to the Christmas tree farm yesterday.

P1100272.JPG

Got a new bridge, and bridge pickup for Christmas.

A little closer.

P1100303.JPG

Close up of wood missing. It broke off while chiseling. Need to glue it back in, and fill holes below bridge. Also, clipped wire for ground, and sent ground for baseplate/bridge/strings separate. 5 way switch switches ground, so you can't have the pickup always grounded. I don't know if the bridge on this was stock, or a replacement. Bridge was really un-parallel with control plate. When I put neck pickup in, I made it look right with bridge, and the pickguard.

P1100302.JPG

Starting to make pup cavity taller.

P1100301.JPG

Got a Dimarzio Air Norton off ebay. That's in the neck now. Very cold here. Seams like forever till when it can get painted.

I remember a thread, a year, or two ago about how people seam to stick with pickup brands. I had bought Duncan first, was happy, and never tried Dimarzio. Decided back then, that was kinda silly, and I was going to try them some day. Some day is here. Sounds good. No complaints.

Plan was to have my Bro in law paint this. I am NOT a painter. He isn't doing too good. The heart valve that they didn't replace when they cracked him open a couple of years ago is leaking and, he is on oxygen all the time. Last fall, while he was in the hospital, his house burned down. The new house is close to done, they are taping the drywall now. ...and this guitar has been sitting here forever. Bought a can of spray paint. Sanded the first coat. Really wasn't in love with the color, it was too dark. Long story short, this is my take on a relic.

P1110343.JPG

It's to the point that I can start on the pickguard whenever I have a lot more time. Plan now is to keep the pickups I had in it and, get rid of it. I have a neck I really like, from a Sledgehammer designed by JB Player. The body is plywood. What I want is a body like a G&L Bluesboy.

Spent most of the 4th making a template for the pickguard, huge pain in the ass. I don't have a router table. Not just the money I don't want to spend. Don't want to give up the space it would take up in the garage for something I'd use every couple of years. So, router laying on it's side with one knee on it. Such a gap between the bearing and where the blade starts, the bearing just sticks out of the router it's hard to keep it where it needs to be. Next time, I'll try the bit that has the bearing on the end instead of the bit on the end. Then if I can't keep it tight against the router, it just won't do anything.

I could live with where it went off on the horn, just reshape it. If the same fucking thing didn't happen on one side of the pickup.

This wouldn't upload yesterday. Crappy internet is working today. Where it's bad, the bit cut into the template too so, first I need to make another template. Maybe Memorial day weekend, I'll have some time again.

P1110372.JPG

Back