Be still my heart. Love this truck.

I prefer the tricked-out version.

Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Cars-14-Bestride.png

tundra1.jpg

Great truck!
Those OE tires sucked donkey-balls though.
It's even better with chunky General AT Grabber2's on it, and has settled in nicely w/ 40K miles on it.
It really is a tank.

You know, the funny thing about all these old trucks is that they probably get as good gas mileage as my Toyota does.
:wink:

Of course, the Toyota probably won't fall apart off road, lol......

That Dodge @mongooz posted is freaking cool. Never seen one of those before.
Looks kind of like an old Land Rover.

I used to do computer work at a big-rig repair/sales dealer.

There were some cool trucks in there for sure.

Of course, I was also in there the day when they had a refrigerated/frozen seafood trailer come in because the AC had broken, in the middle of summer.
That was a particularly memorable occasion. You guys may have smelled it from across the country. That was fucking gross.

Reactions: Tig
You know, the funny thing about all these old trucks is that they probably get as good gas mileage as my Toyota does.

Same here with my Chevy. If I pay close attention and be easy on the throttle while paying attention so I can get it to go from V8 to V4 mode I can squeeze 21 mpg on the highway. However, if I pop it into trailer mode to change the shift times it will throw you back in the seat and catch 2nd and it's a lot of fun. Fun is 14 mpg.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Town_Panel_and_Town_Wagon

and if yer REALLY interested:

http://townwagon.com/sites/tw/years.htm

notice that from 1958 thru the 1966 model year, they DID NOT change the body style at all.
then they stopped making them.

Back