Hot or Not? BC Rich Gunslinger

wok

Unholy Meat Obelisk
Something for the 80's glam rockers amongst us:

USA-Gunslinger-USGSW.jpg

USA-Gunslinger-USGSO.jpg

USA-Gunslinger-USGSR.jpg

This classic B.C Rich Gunslinger is custom built by "Grover Jackson". This shred machine is outfitted with DiMarzio Super Distortion pickups, Grover tuning machines, maple or rosewood fingerboards, and German made Original Floyd Rose tremolo.

KEY FEATURES
  • CONSTRUCTION: Bolt-On
  • BODY WOOD: Mahogany
  • PICKUPS: Dimarzio® Super Distortion (bridge) and Dimarzio® PAF (neck)

Not bad, but for a superstrat I'd prefer 24 frets, and a deeper-looking lower cutaway.

I think Strats were already super. It's interesting that Grover Jackson helped design the original Gunslinger and how much the Gibson WRC (Charvel) guitar was EXTREMELY similar:

BC Rich:
Armitage_BC_Rich_ST_III_CRed.jpg

Gibson:
52504.jpg

The cutaways are thicker on the WRC and knob placement is different, but these guys often seemed to be on the same page in the world of super strats.

BC Rich has been pretty much garbage since what 1984?

Not at all. The early imports were fantastic, especially the relly early MIJ models, I've got a 86' Warlock still, which was partly built overseas and then fretted and assembled in the US.

The 90's are when they all went to shit. Even the USA models were garbage when Class Axe bought them, but that's a long story.

In the mid 2000's, the higher end MIK models they were cranking out were fantastic. They had a brief run called the Calibre series, handcrafted in the Czech Republic, and having owned one, that was the single most well made instrument i've ever owned. Their current offerings are quality on par with their competition in the price range.

Back