Achtung! Bay Areans, your dreamjob is here

Damn, if i enjoyed dealing with people at all that might be worth the commute. Oh, and all that other stuff. :embarrassed:

And it costs 3x that, minimum, to live there.

Considering the shop, their reputation, and the listing; I highly doubt anyone working this job is making $10.74 per hour. As for the larger conversation, that's one for HC's Political Party and its equivalents.

Just sayin' yo. Only person I know who ever actually lived in city had a government job with a high security clearance.

I'm sure a management position with a shop like that pays a fine wage :thu:

Just sayin' yo. Only person I know who ever actually lived in city had a government job with a high security clearance.

I'm sure a management position with a shop like that pays a fine wage :thu:

IMO, people live in the places they want to, regardless of wage. If they didn't want to live there, they'd move.

IMO, people live in the places they want to, regardless of wage. If they didn't want to live there, they'd move.
True that, there's always a way.

Honestly I don't know how anybody lives in a place that densely populated, let alone somewhere like NYC. You folks be crazy :tongue:

True that, there's always a way.

Honestly I don't know how anybody lives in a place that densely populated, let alone somewhere like NYC. You folks be crazy :tongue:

I want the corner store to be on the corner. I like baseball, weird art, and new music. And I don't like driving 2 hours to find it. Maybe I'll move someday, but this is where I want to be.

A good friend of mine works in the city (SF). He commutes from the Sacramento area because he can have a nice house out there. Not possible in SF proper.

I could never afford a place like I have here in SF.

image.jpg

Not that I actually get to live there but I can be among the trees in an hour.
The view of the Milky Way is unreal.

I'd bet it pays pretty damn good actually. As for COL, it can be as high or low as anywhere else within an hour commute or less. Urban congestion, suburban sprawl or country living....I live in a redwood forest, and am at work across the street from Intel in 45 minutes.

Back