Baseball fans - Just over a week 'till opening day.

David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis. He's 32. Stenosis ended the careers of both Don Mattingly and Lenny Dykstra, who retired at 34 and 35, respectively. While I don't expect him to retire this year, I do expect he won't be on the team by 2018. Truly devastating. Not only to this year's team, but next year's and to most any hope of Wright seeing the postseason again. I hope he proves me wrong.

yea....i just heard that too about wright. really sux. and it's degenerative, so there's no cure, it just keeps getting worse. :(

The Astros conclude the nepotism draft with Notre Dame outfielder Conor Biggio, son of Hall of Famer Craig Biggio, plus Kody Clemens, the youngest son of seven-time Cy Young winner Roger Clemens.

Man speaking of the Astros, they need to get out of the funk they have been in quick. :messedup:

The new kids up from the farm seem promising, Correa has already been hitting, and that new pitcher last night seems to have some great snappy stuff.

Reactions: Tig
Man speaking of the Astros, they need to get out of the funk they have been in quick. :messedup:

The new kids up from the farm seem promising, Correa has already been hitting, and that new pitcher last night seems to have some great snappy stuff.

It was expected for the winning streak to mellow down. Maybe the slump will inspire some positive action.
I hope/expect them to rebound, get through a second slump, and finish the season and post season strong.

Watching the Astros' come from behind win over the Yankees? Priceless!

Gattis triples with an RBI to take the lead.
19253959241_34cdd6cdec_c.jpg

Woot!
19224064566_84e81bd594_c.jpg

Final score, 3 to 1
19250147295_a950baa4af_c.jpg

The Rockies are doing about what I expected them to do.....play .500 ball for awhile, go on a small losing streak...back to .500 ball. Really that is what most teams do, except the good teams have the short winning streaks between the .500 sections. They have been holding ok just above 10 games under .500 for awhile now.

Arenado is starting to turn into a monster though. Best 3rd baseman in baseball right now. Cargo slowly stating to hit. If Tulo can find his power stroke they will start to score some more runs. Which they need because the pitching is starting to fade already.

Watching the Astros' come from behind win over the Yankees? Priceless!

Gattis triples with an RBI to take the lead.
19253959241_34cdd6cdec_c.jpg

Woot!
19224064566_84e81bd594_c.jpg

Final score, 3 to 1
19250147295_a950baa4af_c.jpg

You picked a good game to go see!

It was a fun series. Obviously I wouldn't have minded winning it instead of splitting, but it was two good teams goin' at it start to finish.

Reactions: Tig
Poor R.A. Dickey. I really like the guy but man, does he not get the breaks. He also suffers from inconsistency that seems to surface at the most critical of moments.

Poor R.A. Dickey. I really like the guy but man, does he not get the breaks. He also suffers from inconsistency that seems to surface at the most critical of moments.

Regardless of Travis d'Arnaud's health, the Dickey trade will go down as one of the greatest in Mets history. I'd love for him to come back as a reliever when his contract is up. But he has not been good for the Jays.

True. Such a great guy too...or seemingly so. In interviews and so on. After you see him interviewed it is easy to pull for him. In relief, who knows? He could be great throwing less pitches.

Dickey has been a solid #4 - #5 starter for Toronto....just not the ace they were hoping to get. Good pitching appears to be the hardest thing to obtain in baseball.

Dickey has been a solid #4 - #5 starter for Toronto....just not the ace they were hoping to get. Good pitching appears to be the hardest thing to obtain in baseball.

Indeed. But it's not enough to have good pitching. You've got to have good pitching depth. Which frankly, is unattainable, bordering on mythological.

Back