Baseball fans - Just over a week 'till opening day.

That is the big question. Especially with the Mets having injury issues already. I think he will stay healthy this year for a change. And I think getting out of Colorado will do wonders for his plate discipline - which is suffering a bit this season.
Lots of rumors going around, even regarding the Giants:confused:. Don't need him at short, and we are deep enough at 3rd. I don't see them trading him within the division, though. Mets make sense I guess. We will see.

Lots of rumors going around, even regarding the Giants:confused:. Don't need him at short, and we are deep enough at 3rd. I don't see them trading him within the division, though. Mets make sense I guess. We will see.

IMO, it's an AL team like Seattle or Boston that makes the most sense. He can split time between SS & DH.

Supposedly he did not ask for a trade. But if the team continues to suck and they can get a good return then I think they should pull the trigger. The Rockies blogs I read are generally against trading a 'once in a decade player', but if the pitching never comes around that does them no good in the long run.

@tiger roach @Tig
How you like our rookies ? Heston shredded the Astros tonight with some wicked movement. Duffy is making Bochys job setting the lineup pretty difficult. Kinda hard to believe our entire 1-6 infield are all products of the Giants farm system.

I didn't watch any games early in the week since they were so late, so I have no idea.
I have been enjoying watching the team mature into actual contenders this year.

Did the Marlins really just hire their GM as their new manager? :facepalm:

Not surprising for Loria. Another team with an owner more interested in making money than fielding a great baseball team. Just like the Rockies owner....

Still....the man has no managing experience at any level. Baseball knowledge yes....but as a manager? I guess we will find out.

Lol. Speculation yesterday was Jeff Conine would take over. Still, this is a brilliantly hilarious move. GM put together shitty team, now he has to manage them. MarLOLins gonna LOL.

Hadn't thought of the "you made your bed now lie in it" approach but I like it.

Not surprising for Loria. Another team with an owner more interested in making money than fielding a great baseball team. Just like the Rockies owner....

Still....the man has no managing experience at any level. Baseball knowledge yes....but as a manager? I guess we will find out.

I dont honestly have as big a problem with their business model as some just because of the market. They have won 2 championships with the model so it works. And I dont think they have much choice. It isnt a loyal fan base so they dont have that to worry about and it isnt a large market so they have to spend purposefully. All of sports has created a situation where you have to pay your employees as much as your dumbest competitor if you want to win.

As for making this guy the manager, it's like Howie says or they are throwing in the towel. I suspect the players will feel like he hasnt earned the spot and wont respect him because of it. It's like an American Idol winner making it in the real world.

Smurfco and I are at this crappy Mets game
image.jpg

LOL

I need to get to a ball game, it has been way too long.

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot to get some tickets for Sunday, June 28th against the Yank-me's.
And done. (It has been rumored than some people buy cheap seats, like in section 406, but know of some unsold seats in section 109 that are available. I sure wish I was one of them.)

Back