Baseball fans - Just over a week 'till opening day.

Springer needs to learn throttle control or he'll spend plenty of time on the DL again.

This also applies to the outfield.

That's at least 25 ground balls worth of handshake learning time. tongue0

Reactions: Tig
And Hunter Pence is off to Sacramento on a rehab assignment. Hope to see him back in a couple of weeks if it goes well.
eooWT7Kt.jpeg

Reactions: Tig
Jbird goes to a Tiger game :)

He gets a try-out to play Left Field for the Tigers:

But in the end, the Tiger decide to go with Yoenis Cespedes in LF, despite the Jbird's mad baseball skills. So it's back to the bleachers for Jbird:

The Tigers lost 6-2. If they would've had Jbird out in left, things would've been different :embarrassed:

Probably where I crashed into the wall shagging fly balls....no, it looks like a couple of grounds keepers smoothing it out with some of those big dust-broom looking things.

Some tigers players/coaches were doing some baseball clinic stuff for the youngsters pre-game, out by the left-field wall. That's how I got to go out on the field. Yoenis Cespedes job is safe :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Coors Field Sunday:
coors-field-snow-rockies-dodgers.jpg

:embarrassed:

Tell me about it. I had to drive back from Wyoming Saturday night in that stuff. The Rocks had a six game homestand this week. It went like this...
Monday - Rain out
Tuesday - Rain out
Wednesday - got in a double header (lost both)
Friday - Game called after 6 innings (rain) - Rocks lost
Saturday - Rain/snow out
Sunday - They actually played (Rocks lost)

Really strange to get that much rain in a week here. But we will take it. The Rockies, OTOH, need all the rainouts they can get. What I am hearing here is the some old some old - the hitting is awesome, the pitching is bad but will get better. The problem is, looking at the stats, the hitting isn't there. They are in the bottom 5 in Runs Scored in all of baseball. If they do not right the ship quickly then look for them to blow up the team by the trade deadline.

@tiger roach @Tig
How you like our rookies ? Heston shredded the Astros tonight with some wicked movement. Duffy is making Bochys job setting the lineup pretty difficult. Kinda hard to believe our entire 1-6 infield are all products of the Giants farm system.

Reports are that Tulo is meeting with his agent today and he will ask for a trade. I think they (Tulo & agent) discussed this in the off season and decided to give it another shot here. But same old same old. Losing team. Losing atmosphere. Losing culture. No desire on the part of ownership to make the necessary changes. He is sick of losing. It will probably take some time since there is a big contract involved, but someone (Boston??) will be getting one hell of a good baseball player.

On the bright side the Rocks actually got a quality start last night. A rare occurrence this season. And still lost.......

Reports are that Tulo is meeting with his agent today and he will ask for a trade. I think they (Tulo & agent) discussed this in the off season and decided to give it another shot here. But same old same old. Losing team. Losing atmosphere. Losing culture. No desire on the part of ownership to make the necessary changes. He is sick of losing. It will probably take some time since there is a big contract involved, but someone (Boston??) will be getting one hell of a good baseball player.

On the bright side the Rocks actually got a quality start last night. A rare occurrence this season. And still lost.......

FanGraphs says the Mets are one of the ideal destinations for him, but I'm not convinced he can stay on the field.

FanGraphs says the Mets are one of the ideal destinations for him, but I'm not convinced he can stay on the field.

That is the big question. Especially with the Mets having injury issues already. I think he will stay healthy this year for a change. And I think getting out of Colorado will do wonders for his plate discipline - which is suffering a bit this season.

Back