Baseball fans - Just over a week 'till opening day.

Bartolo was hit by a pitch on the wrist while batting. It looked like he was growing another head out of his forearm. He had a good first inning, but after that AB, it was all downhill.

Rockies need to trade Jose. He looks like shit out there.

Trade him to who?? Who with half a brain wants a SS who can't field, is slightly above average with the bat, and makes $22 million a year for the next two seasons? They MIGHT be able to trade him if they eat half the salary....maybe. They have a very solid prospect at AAA that needs to play the rest of the season, or at least get a September call up.

And dang - the Rockies are sucking way above and beyond the call of duty right now. Two of their best pitchers both get lit lit up back to back in starts. They are the worst team in baseball and will remain in the bottom 1/3 of the league until the team is sold to an owner who gives a damn about the game.

Trade him to who?? Who with half a brain wants a SS who can't field, is slightly above average with the bat, and makes $22 million a year for the next two seasons? They MIGHT be able to trade him if they eat half the salary....maybe. They have a very solid prospect at AAA that needs to play the rest of the season, or at least get a September call up.

And dang - the Rockies are sucking way above and beyond the call of duty right now. Two of their best pitchers both get lit lit up back to back in starts. They are the worst team in baseball and will remain in the bottom 1/3 of the league until the team is sold to an owner who gives a damn about the game.

Anaheim, Philly, Seattle, Milwaukee, and DC are all stupid enough to take him. And yes, eat his salary if necessary.

Hope you guys didn't leave early! :grin: :cool:

#itwasfuqingawesome
Sweeping the series against the Dodgers with a walk off homer in the 10th? Priceless! DANCING-banana
20150823_astros-dodgers_gc_31.jpg

20150823_astros-dodgers_gc_33.jpg

Last edited:
Rockies now officially have the worst record in baseball.......but Philly, Miami, and the Reds are keeping it close. I am pulling for the Rockies to suck on an epic level the rest of the season so they get the #1 draft pick.

Checking reality, I do hope the Mets can beat a team with a winning record. That said, the last 4 games have been something else. #SummerofWilmer

On one hand, winning 7 in a row against the Rockies and Phillies isn't really anything to be proud of. On the other, last night's game was ridiculous in extras and Carlos Torres once again proved his detractors wrong. Hardballtalk has the crazy skate save play. But Torres scoring the winning run is equally as impressive.

I'm taking nothing for granted, though I'll breathe a little easier if they put down the Nationals in their next series together.

Rockies still in a tight battle for the #1 draft pick. Five teams - all in the NL - in an epic suckfest at the end of the season.

Tempted to go the game tonight and see Jon Gray pitch. A seat 22 rows back behind home plate going for $14.00. The advantage of seeing a last place team playing another meh team (Arizona) in September.

Reactions: Tig
It's annoying when people are too stuffy to be teased, but go right ahead.

Like I said, I don't care anymore.

I'm a Mets fan. If I don't live in the present, I'd need to actively seek therapy. I don't root for the Yankees of the National League. :embarrassed:

Back