Barn Storm 2016! 10/21-10/23

Guitar Heel

Demented Trick
So, I'm game for round 2 if y'all are! @Chad , @jelloman , and @eloydrummerboy and I had a great time last year, as well as several of my friends here in town. Just trying to gauge the interest. We can post pics and stuff from last year, but I just want to see how many might be interested.

As of now, I'm thinking 10/22, and I'm in Bowie, MD.

As a very brief bit of background, I have a big ass barn with a basketball court on the 2nd floor that really worked out well for us, space-wise and acoustically. I also have a locked and drywall'd room up there to store all of the gear overnight. The house has a guest room (queen bed), a den with a full-sized pullout, a living room with a couch, and adequate floor space for air mattresses. For the outdoorsy types, I have 6 acres for your camping pleasure, if you so desire. I'm about 30 minutes outside of DC (unless it's rush hour).

Last edited:
I used to perform at a coffeehouse called The Year of the Rabbit in Bowie probably 15 years ago or so. If I remember correctly, there is also a baseball stadium nearby. Good in case Barn Storm grows. :grin:

I used to perform at a coffeehouse called The Year of the Rabbit in Bowie probably 15 years ago or so. If I remember correctly, there is also a baseball stadium nearby. Good in case Barn Storm grows. :grin:
Home of the Bowie Baysox! (O's single-A club)

We can see the fireworks from the house on the weekends...

Home of the Bowie Baysox! (O's single-A club)

We can see the fireworks from the house on the weekends...
My memory holds up, then. I was living in Annapolis at the time, so it wasn't all that far. I would guess things might have built up more since then.

My memory holds up, then. I was living in Annapolis at the time, so it wasn't all that far. I would guess things might have built up more since then.
Yep, I'm sure. I've been here for 3 years, and it's gotten bigger just in that time. I don't know if Bowie Town Center was here then, but that thing is huge. I'm down 301 across from all the car dealerships.

Yep, I'm sure. I've been here for 3 years, and it's gotten bigger just in that time. I don't know if Bowie Town Center was here then, but that thing is huge. I'm down 301 across from all the car dealerships.
Cool. I might have to see if I could fly down for a day or so. With teaching. I'd have to leave from home Friday afternoon and fly back on Sunday afternoon.

I'm really trying to make it this year. My best bet would be the weekend of October 8th because of the Jewish Holiday schedule. Is that something that can be considered? If so, Smurfco and I have a 99% greater chance of being there than for the 22nd.

I'm really trying to make it this year. My best bet would be the weekend of October 8th because of the Jewish Holiday schedule. Is that something that can be considered? If so, Smurfco and I have a 99% greater chance of being there than for the 22nd.
Unfortunately, no. I have a fucking wedding that weekend that's costing me the chance to see Sigur Ros in Philly, or, in the alternate, my 25th reunion. Sorry Howie.

I'm also trying to avoid Halloween because evidently grown-ass people (or people with kids) need that weekend free. The weekend before the 8th would probably not work, as my wife takes as many horses as possible and runs the hell away from Barn Storm, and one of her riding buddies is the one getting married. Prages can't make it on the 15th, but I think that would be out anyway for the same reason as the 1st...

Unfortunately, no. I have a fucking wedding that weekend that's costing me the chance to see Sigur Ros in Philly, or, in the alternate, my 25th reunion. Sorry Howie.

:cry:

I'll see what I can do. I already have off 5 days in October because of the holidays.

If anyone finds a cheaper flight to Dulles Airport (which I doubt, BWI is always the cheapest) I can snag you from the airport on the way out. I can see one of the air traffic control towers from my neighborhood.

Back