Backing Track Jam!

AOK

Was that a talk box I heard in there? and what did you use for the fuz?

I would say that you added two words to my vocabulary with that clip, wankalicious, and sexified :quag:

thredlok said:
AOK

Was that a talk box I heard in there? and what did you use for the fuz?

I would say that you added two words to my vocabulary with that clip, wankalicious, and sexified :quag:

It was an over the top flange setting in a Cubase plugin. I only put it in there because I hit a really bum note and wanted to detract attention from it with the use of a cool effect. :embarrassed:

I didn't use any fuzz. That's my US Masters straight into my Classic 30. The clean part is the neck/middle on the clean channel, the dirty part is the OD channel with the gain about 2/3 of the way up using the bridge pickup (Dimarzio Tone Zone). Then I put on a little delay and reverb using plugins.

Glad you liked it. AOK

I didn't really do anything different than normal. Maybe I had the mic a little too hot and clipped the mic pre a little or something, though I don't think so.

I've never owned a fuzz pedal in my life. idn_smilie

Prages said:
I didn't really do anything different than normal. Maybe I had the mic a little too hot and clipped the mic pre a little or something, though I don't think so.

I've never owned a fuzz pedal in my life. idn_smilie

OK, OK I believe you...

closet fuzz pedal user biggrin

Thanks, tosser. :embarrassed:

It was really just my usual pentatonic wanking for the most part. I think I did two takes on the clean part and one take on the dirty part. idn_smilie

For wanking it seemed pretty well constructed. You are a good wanker. hahahahahaha.

Seriously. Very impressive.

In no particular order:

Mark's (I think) Phrygiandom take: Cool. Never would have occurred to me to use most of those notes, but they seem to work somehow.

Thredlok's first take: I like the theme you're working with. Sounds good. Pretty cool tone too.

Thredlok's second take: 20% less clams indeed. I see that you kept with the same theme and just refined the playing in this one. Again, very nice.

Tele911: I like it. Very nice note selection, and really nice tone to boot. This is probably the smoothest take I've heard yet. AOK

RonK: Some really good stuff going on here. Kind of restrained sounding. Nice space, it lets you get over what just happened before moving on to the next phrase.

Rocklegend: First take: A little sloppy, yeah, but some good ideas going on. With a little refining this one could be right up there, I think.

Rocklegend: Take 2: This one is less sloppy. Still a few little timing issues, but overall, a really good take.

I just relistened to my take.

I love whatever it is I was doing the last 10 seconds.

I may have to write a song around that. :embarrassed:

I'm going to try to play around with this one. Not listening to everyone else's take yet, or I'm sure I'll be intimidated and might not want to try it. I'll see what I can come up with for a few days, then maybe see if I can record something worth saving.

Back