Hot or Not? Back to the 80s Edition

That's more like it! Even though I don't do anything that is remotely 'shreddy', I've always found the S0-Cal Charvels quite compelling. Those are made in Japan, right?
'
That version, yes. The new version (Pro Mod) is made in Mexico and they fully recessed the Floyd (which I don't like). They're still great guitars, but it's that one design spec change that I don't like.

The guitar looks stretched inorganically and the neck pocket just looks unconfortable.

I'll take this, though, if we're doing green.

SoCal1SLG-xlarge.jpg

Oh Yeah!

That's more like it! Even though I don't do anything that is remotely 'shreddy', I've always found the S0-Cal Charvels quite compelling. Those are made in Japan, right?
'
Yes, they are. I have two (both white) and dig them immensely.

That version, yes. The new version (Pro Mod) is made in Mexico and they fully recessed the Floyd (which I don't like). They're still great guitars, but it's that one design spec change that I don't like.
Really? I did not know that. Both mine are MIJ.

Really? I did not know that. Both mine are MIJ.
Yours are non-recessed, right? That's the big visible difference. The MIM versions got the recessed route under the bridge. The MIJ versions were non-recessed (my preferred setup).

Yours are non-recessed, right? That's the big visible difference. The MIM versions got the recessed route under the bridge. The MIJ versions were non-recessed (my preferred setup).
Yeah, mine are non-recessed. I don't think that would be a deal breaker for me, though.

I'd rock the ever loving fook out of that thing!

Purple don't scare me none. Wear it proud brorhuh, wear it proud.
I'm picky with purple. Some shades remind me of Barney the dinosaur. This one is just sexy, though.

Back