Back from vacation, here's a dorky vid. :-)

Just back after being out of town for just over two weeks. Phew! Attended a niece's wedding at Chambers Bay Golf Course in Tacoma, toured the San Juan Islands on bikes via ferry, and attended our annual family camp/reunion at Seabeck, WA on Hood Canal. Played some simple acoustic guitar with some guys. Helped teach a newbie a bit to get him started (giving him some tips I have learned from Mark and elsewhere and which I had known when I started), and performed this dorky song at the annual stunt night on the last night of camp. Corny? Dorky? all of those things. Kind of like the camp in the Dirty Dancing movie without the sexy dancing. :wink: So here is the vid of the dorky song. watch at your own risk. The kid standing on the right is the one who has played for only a week.

Video Unavailable
This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings.

Can't see video from work, but I'll go on record to say it is the dorkiest performance ever. wave0

If I wake up in the middle of night making those sounds, I blame you @sunvalleylaw

cop0

The melody does stick in your head, doesn't it? :grin: I may find myself yodeling.

Sounded more like Donkey Serenade vs. Dorky Song :grin:

Hey the kids love it!
HaHa! yeah, it is a truly throwback family camp with lots of sports ladders, games, activities, songs sung after dinner led by campers who can sing and play piano, and more than one opportunity for folks to get up and share a song or whatever. This was the second of two nights. The guy in the middle is a ski bum who had a sports shop in Taos for years and is now retired. He enjoys playing with others and having fun. He wrote that song to entertain his grandchildren and wanted some of us to come up and join him on it, seeing as he is new to camp through his wife's family. Nice guy. The other kid picked up a guitar for the first time, basically, earlier that week. So it was fun to have him come up and play along with us.

The melody does stick in your head, doesn't it? :grin: I may find myself yodeling.

I know that there is a subliminal message in there that will wake me up from a great dream and making those Donkey sounds. What makes it worst is that my FFB team names revolved around the Donkey theme so you didn't help.

Can't see video from work, but I'll go on record to say it is the dorkiest performance ever. wave0

Can't see any of the videos from home, so without proof I guess I'll have to stick with my original, undeserved statement. ^ :grin:

Back