AUGUST SONGWRITING REVEAL

These are all terrific, really puts the itch in me. I don't know how you all get such immaculate recordings - Mine always sound like I mic'ed them from ceiling fan in a tinfoil bathroom.

These are all terrific, really puts the itch in me. I don't know how you all get such immaculate recordings - Mine always sound like I mic'ed them from ceiling fan in a tinfoil bathroom.

I literally threw my phone on the bed and recorded it with the voice memo feature...then I copied it into GarageBand and added a little compression. I'm certain anything you do would sound better.

I have @sonik to thank for mine sounding good. His production has made a major difference in how my stuff sounds.

I have no one to thank for my audio quality besides a decade and a half of practice with using relatively cheap gear and having to get a good sound out of it. I had to make a thousand shitty sounding recordings before I could make a good sounding one...

Peen - another cool tune. I get kind of a Nirvana-ish vibe from the chord progression in the verses, and I hear the Tom Petty in the choruses as well. Any plans to record this one with a full band?

I have no one to thank for my audio quality besides a decade and a half of practice with using relatively cheap gear and having to get a good sound out of it. I had to make a thousand shitty sounding recordings before I could make a good sounding one...

Peen - another cool tune. I get kind of a Nirvana-ish vibe from the chord progression in the verses, and I hear the Tom Petty in the choruses as well. Any plans to record this one with a full band?

Thx. I do have plans to give this one the full band treatment. The cats who work with me on my solo stuff and I are wrapping up LP #2 this month. Then we're gonna take the holidays off and start working on #3 in January. This'll be one of the 10 or 12 songs we tackle.

Pretty much this. I don't know if I have a thousand shittty recordings under my belt yet, but it is definitely in the hundreds of songs.

Back