Audio Book

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
I am getting ready to help Carol and her friends do an audio book version of this:
41dn28DXPXL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

It should be an interesting project. Each writer will read his or her own poems. Richard has a habit of having long pauses as he reads, especially between reading the poem title and starting the poem. I will address this before recording starts, but I think I'll have a lot of editing to do. :rolleyes:

We'll record most of it today; I'm still reading up on the formatting required by the audio book sites.

That sounds like a cool project. Let me know where to get it from when it's done.

I will.

Well, just as I was about to head to the office for recording, the one poet calls and says he isn't feeling well and we'll have to reschedule. The book is divided into sections, but by themes rather than by poets. I don't want to record 100+ tracks and have to maneuver them into order, so I guess we'll try again in a few weeks.

I must confess that I have never heard more than two minutes of an audio book; I just can't process information that way. I will listen to some examples before we send it to the various sites that will distribute it just to make sure it is formatted correctly.

Back