Assault and Rape

mikesr1963

Gonna walk my dog, you?
16831020_10154322493585980_6374570095867793968_n.jpg

All I see is a horribly Bastardized BMW. What does it have to do with heinous crimes against people? Likening a butchered automobile to violence or sexual assault is a tad overkill if not entirely distasteful.

Just sayin'

All I see is a horribly Bastardized BMW. What does it have to do with heinous crimes against people? Likening a butchered automobile to violence or sexual assault is a tad overkill if not entirely distasteful.

Just sayin'
So write a freaking song. While at it pick up a dictionary and look up both words.

Last edited:
So write a freaking song. While at it pick up a dictionary and look up both words.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that OGG, with his powers of going FULL OGG, is extremely familiar with the dictionary and has used it more often than most.

I also feel that using those terms in reference to a car that can only be improved upon in any way shape or form is wholly inapplicable.

Reactions: OGG
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that OGG, with his powers of going FULL OGG, is extremely familiar with the dictionary and has used it more often than most.

I also feel that using those terms in reference to a car that can only be improved upon in any way shape or form is wholly inapplicable.
Ok u need to open a dictionary too and realize that words often have a number of definitions to work within context. So please to feel free to...

Ok u need to open a dictionary too and realize that words often have a number of definitions to work within context. So please to feel free to...
The point is the connotation is insulting. Maybe you don't have anybody in your life that has been assaulted and actually raped and for that I'm glad. However, I do, and those words have meanings beyond a car that was a piece of shit out of the factory anyway.

Though it's an extremely poorly named thread I have to say I'm with Mike here.

The car could be defined as an assault on our eyes or all-around sense for aesthetic, as well as an "outrageous violation", which would be the third definition of "rape".

And for what it's worth, the fact that the thread was in the cars forum should have been a tip off that it wasn't about a person.

The point is the connotation is insulting. Maybe you don't have anybody in your life that has been assaulted and actually raped and for that I'm glad. However, I do, and those words have meanings beyond a car that was a piece of shit out of the factory anyway.
I do have those people in my life and I for one can determine and separate the fucking fact that surrounds a person and that of any other object because of the freaking dictionary and the freaking ability to use words in different freaking context. The fact that you do not like it is noted and so you can move along. To insist that your freedoms are more important than mine please refer to the political post.

I do have those people in my life and I for one can determine and separate the fucking fact that surrounds a person and that of any other object because of the freaking dictionary and the freaking ability to use words in different freaking context. The fact that you do not like it is noted and so you can move along. To insist that your freedoms are more important than mine please refer to the political post.
Welcome to being the first ever person on the entire Internet that I've ever put on ignore. Good luck with life.

Welcome to being the first ever person on the entire Internet that I've ever put on ignore. Good luck with life.

Ha. this thread made no sense then I saw the show ignored content button on the bottom. I can't believe it took you this long to ignore him.

Ha. this thread made no sense then I saw the show ignored content button on the bottom. I can't believe it took you this long to ignore him.
I've never ignored anybody in 28 years of being in cyberspace of one form or another (Prodigy, BBSs, newsgroups, forums, etc.). I have significantly thick skin. I have to having grown up in a North Jersey Italian household.

It was funny how often it was suggested to me while I was a moderator at Seymour Duncan, cuz I could totally moderate people that I have on ignore. LOL

It's a matter of marginallizing the flesh and blood victims of horrific and life altering violence by comparing them to a "freaking" car. It's not about being a snowflake or political correctness.

There is no context wherein such terms are to be made light of. Having loved ones that are victims doesn't give you a hall pass, if anything, it makes your flippant usage of such terminology profoundly more insensitive.

But hey, the 1st ammendment affords you the luxury of talking out of your ass without forethought or sensibility to your heart's content. Don't let me slow you down.

It's a matter of marginallizing the flesh and blood victims of horrific and life altering violence by comparing them to a "freaking" car. It's not about being a snowflake or political correctness.

There is no context wherein such terms are to be made light of. Having loved ones that are victims doesn't give you a hall pass, if anything, it makes your flippant usage of such terminology profoundly more insensitive.

But hey, the 1st ammendment affords you the luxury of talking out of your ass without forethought or sensibility to your heart's content. Don't let me slow you down.
On the topic of the first ammendment: It protects you from the government and agents thereof. It does not protect you from private entities like forum administration, employers, private companies, clubs, etc.

I've never ignored anybody in 28 years of being in cyberspace of one form or another (Prodigy, BBSs, newsgroups, forums, etc.). I have significantly thick skin. I have to having grown up in a North Jersey Italian household.

It was funny how often it was suggested to me while I was a moderator at Seymour Duncan, cuz I could totally moderate people that I have on ignore. LOL

I have thick skin too, but I have never read a post form him that has contributed anything of merit. Most posts are offensive in one way or another so I chose not to have my feed litter with that nonsense.

I have thick skin too, but I have never read a post form him that has contributed anything of merit. Most posts are offensive in one way or another so I chose not to have my feed litter with that nonsense.
That's something I've only come to notice outside of the political thread over the past few months. Before that not even a blip on my radar.

This craze with negative camber has go away sooner or later. Tires too narrow, stretched over wide wheels, and the suspension just can't take it for long, not to mention fenders and quarter panels.

Back