ASAT mods

BEACHBUM

Margarine Advocate
All I need now is to swap the humbucker for a "Seth Lover" and she'll be done.

Reshaped headstock - Refinished neck in satin nitro - rounded fretboard edges - Tusk XL nut - Gotoh 6 saddle bridge - Schaller strap locks - black knobs and pickguard screws.

Last edited:
I'm not a Tele guy at all, but that really appeals to me. Especially with a Seth in the neck (sweetest pickup I've ever owned).

I'm not a Tele guy at all, but that really appeals to me. Especially with a Seth in the neck (sweetest pickup I've ever owned).

Thanks. I've never used that pickup but everyone seems to love them and it's the one G&L uses for their American made models so I figure that I can't go wrong with it.

I actually took a Seth out of a Tele because I couldn't find the balance between it and the bridge pup. So watch your pot values.

Good to know the Gotoh bridge is a direct replacement. That opens things up a bit.

Also, there's an MIA ASAT Deluxe at Rudy's for $999. Lake Placid Blue. So tempting.

I actually took a Seth out of a Tele because I couldn't find the balance between it and the bridge pup. So watch your pot values.

Good point. I've been assuming that since they use the SL on the MIA models that it should work on the off shore ones as well but, you're right, it may not be that simple.

Last edited:
Seth Lover in neck is SOOOOO sweet. I also like the SD Little 59 Tele in the bridge. These go good together.
My ASAT Nitro Thin
IM000002_zps0fc81990.jpg

^^ Nice guitar you've got there. Those sound like a great combination. My understanding is that G&L's are wired for 250K even with humbuckers. Did you have to change that or did it work out for you as is? Any info would help. Thanks.

^^ Nice guitar you've got there. Those sound like a great combination. My understanding is that G&L's are wired for 250K even with humbuckers. Did you have to change that or did it work out for you as is? Any info would help. Thanks.
I never checked the pots. I bought it like this. I know the Seth was stock and the Little 59 was an upgrade. I think the pots are stock. This is a USA Classic Blues Boy sold only through Pro Guitars with this finish.

I never checked the pots. I bought it like this. I know the Seth was stock and the Little 59 was an upgrade. I think the pots are stock. This is a USA Classic Blues Boy sold only through Pro Guitars with this finish.

From what I've been reading on the G&L forum they all come with 250K . Think I'll try it that way to start and adjust if needed.

Back