As We Know,ACDC Are Playing At The Grammys In A Few Days

tompetty

Sporting a hammer...
My question is,Why?

Obviously all replies are simple speculation,but I'm interested in reading speculated thoughts..

Do they need the money?..I doubt it..When they tour there are big bucks brought in..

Perhaps they've always wanted to be involved with the Grammys and come hell or high water,they're going to do it while they still have the chance...

The obvious would be promoting the new record? Seriously?

When I'm at,or watching a good show,I'm just as interested in watching the crowd as I am the band...

I get off on it..Maybe they want to see how ,('Today's"-*cough*),peers will react to them..

Scratching head here..................

Well ya,I agree,but that really didn't tie into the theme I set up...
Yeah, but it ties into mine. :wink:

If one gives any credence to award shows at all, one would wonder why a group who is not nominated would even want to appear. "We weren't good enough to get an award, but we'll show up anyway."

AC/DC is the Grammy's pity act. To make the young folk pretend to like the music and feel pity on these old guys, they will throw in a major pop star to preform with them. No thanks.

AC/DC is the Grammy's pity act. To make the young folk pretend to like the music and feel pity on these old guys, they will throw in a major pop star to preform with them. No thanks.
Ok...That's cool...I promise you nobody else will be playing with ACDC...LOL...

Like I said,I'm more interested in seeing the reaction of the kids in the crowd....

I watched Tom and The Heartbreakers recieve a radio award a few years ago and Tim McGraw and Faith Hill were the first ones up dancing their little bums off....

I just dig that shit...And I think you're wrong........

A trend I've noticed when I take my girls shopping is all the Tweens wearing AC/DC, Black Sabbath etc. T-Shirts at the mall. My oldest asked me if she could have one of my Sabbath shirts. I said sure just name one song.

Award shows are fucking horrible.

Who wouldn't perform at the biggest music awards show in the world? So what, it's full of crap music. It's what people like, for whatever reason. I for one would be extremely honored to be asked to put on a show for the biggest people in business.

Possibly to give some legitimacy to the linup w/Malcom Youngs son or whatever he is. And after the drummer fiasco thing. To show that they still have it, & you should check them out.

Some balls are held for pleasure.

A trend I've noticed when I take my girls shopping is all the Tweens wearing AC/DC, Black Sabbath etc. T-Shirts at the mall. My oldest asked me if she could have one of my Sabbath shirts. I said sure just name one song.
lol-049
Yeah, I see the band T-shirts thing quite a bit, too. It must be a fashion statement trend.

People watch the Grammy's? Who knew?

They are usually referred to as "consumers". :wink:

People watch the Grammy's? Who knew?

Until quite recently I was in this happy place of ignorance. But apparently "Best Edgy Outsider Metal Extreem Noise Concept Album As Decided By A Jury Of Faceless Corporate Insiders Goes To ... [drumroll] ... Quincey Jones! Again!" is actually a thing.

I've never quite recovered from the Oscars being a thing, though, so my judgement may be impaired.

Maybe Chevrolet is sponsoring the Grammys.

They use Back in Black in their latest pickup truck commercial.

AC/DC has a tour coming up and they just are releasing a new album (already released?). They are probably one of the few acts than can still sell albums.

So it's a marketers dream opportunity.

Reactions: Tig
AC/DC has a tour coming up and they just are releasing a new album (already released?).

This,copy/paste is from a few weeks ago...

Released globally last week, ‘Rock or Bust,’ debuted at #1 on sales charts in 10 Countries so far including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Switzerland, Finland, France, Norway, Sweden, and Germany where it’s the fastest selling international album in nearly ten years and sold more in its first week than all other international albums on the chart combined. In addition ‘Rock or Bust’ debuted in the top five in a total of 25 countries including the U.S., UK, Spain, Poland, New Zealand, Japan, Czech Republic, Italy, Denmark, Netherlands, and Hungary. In the U.S the band debuted at number 3 on the Billboard Top 200 chart selling over 174,000 albums in its first week.

Maybe they'll trot our Malcolm for a fond farewell?
I doubt it..The Grammy Ad has been blasting across the tube for weeks here now and the picture they show is with the new guy(Malcom's nephew?) Oddly,the drummer isn't in the ad either......

Back