Art and Lutherie guitars

I've had a few of them. They normally have solid tops on laminate bodies, whereas Seagull and Simon & Patrick are all solid wood. It's another Godin brand so the quality is usually much higher than you'd expect at that price point. I assume you're interested in the Ami?

I've had a few of them. They normally have solid tops on laminate bodies, whereas Seagull and Simon & Patrick are all solid wood. It's another Godin brand so the quality is usually much higher than you'd expect at that price point. I assume you're interested in the Ami?

Yeah. I saw one pretty cheap.

I have played several as well.

Generally speaking, they play well and sound good.

Not "World Class" or anything, but if you're looking for a cheap, well-made acoustic, I don't see how you can go wrong.

As @Kerouac pointed out, there are several brands out there at differing quality/craftsmanship/material levels that are all owned/run by the same parent company, so you pays your money and you takes your choice.

But you can't really go wrong, because none of them are junk. They just offer different options at different price points.

I had an A & L 12-string. It sounded nice, but the top string was too close to the top of the neck and it was hard for finger-picking. I'm sure the 6-strings don't have that problem so the fact that it sounds good should suffice.

Peeker has an A&L 12-string that he loves.

A&L used to be carried by the only music store in town. Tried them out when the A & L parlor got buzz for fingerstyle blues. They have pretty much been replaced by Seagulls. The Godin guitar family has some pretty good instruments.

Back