Question: Are alarm clocks obsolete?

BlackCat

American Greaser
I'm asking because I just tried to find one at Target. I asked a Target lady and she gave me a perplexed look then set me to the wall clock isle.

This is like the time I asked for a road map at a gas station.

Reactions: Tig
I still use one for the dual alarm. Sometimes you need to know what time it is in the middle of the night without moving or grabbing a phone.

Addiction is easier to prevent than cure. :embarrassed:
Phone_addiction_neck_pain.jpg

I still have one but don't use the alarm. It's on my nightstand so when I wake up in the middle of the night to take a piss, I know how much longer I get to sleep.
Lol....I have the exact same setup. I use my phone for an alarm

I have one,but it is just to have a clock in the room

As an insomniac I don't usually need an alarm.

I have one of those goofy ones that's also a light that you can set to very slowly get brighter when the alarm goes off. it's a much more pleasant way to wake up.

you can still get them at walmart, but holy crap are they cheap. if you push the snooze button just a little too hard, it cancels the alarm :eek:

i finally just started using my smart phone. i can control the volume of the ringer, and it's sound. the only thing i don't really like about using it for an alarm is the swipe right/left thing, it requires you to look at what you're doing and that's not something i'm good at when my eyes first open in the morning. rolleyes1
:grin:

I have one of those goofy ones that's also a light that you can set to very slowly get brighter when the alarm goes off. it's a much more pleasant way to wake up.
i wanna get one of those for winter time, just for the gradual light.

I want one of these, but a wind up.
That tick tock might help me sleep.

15847566.jpg

The pic is from Target's website btw.

Oh and I've got another that projects the time on the ceiling, talk about lazy. Too bad it doesn't shoot a beam to the inside of my eyelids, then I wouldn't even have to open my eyes.

If I'm going to reach for my phone in the morning that means I have to reach for my glasses first. It's entirely too much thought to put into something when I'd rather just hit the snooze button.

I don't like to have my phone in my bedroom at night. So, no. I like a good, ol' red numbered clock radio with dual alarms.

When I was a kid, we had a clock radio that had leaf style numbers that flipped over. You could hear the numbers flip like a little camera shutter. Try to find one of those at the thrift store.

I have one that I keep 10 feet from where I sleep so that I have to get up to turn it off. I also use my phone. Double alarm system so that I don't miss important stuff like work start and so on. When I am on the shift that I like, I rarely use an alarm unless I am taking a mid day power nap. Right now I am on the shift that I hate. I hope to get off of it but this year hasn't gone particularly well.

You can still get them at most pharmacies in the electronics section or on Amazon. I still use one along with my phone. My phone goes off 5 minutes earlier than the alarm clock. it functions as my snooze alarm and also as a back up as my phone sometimes doesn't go off. And of course it's nice to see in the middle of the night without having to fumble for glasses if you want to know how long you still get to sleep.

Back