Archtop Gas

Pine Apple Slim

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I would like a big ole 2 HB trapize tail Archtop.
Specifically in blonde, some flame would be nice.
And it needs to be affordable. Say under $1000.
I know of the Joe Pass Emperor, is there anything else out there like it?
I've seen a few older Samicks in the past that would fit the bill, and some decent Oscar Schmitts but nothing lately.
Is there something else available new in the same ballpark?

So this is a 1996 Samick Made Joe Pass. It is amazing

Epiphone_Emperor_Joe_Pass_2000_00.jpg

And this is a 1996 Samick HJ650 17" L5 Super type Model. It is a total beauty. If you can find one from that time frame I would jump on it.

Samick_HJ650_00.jpg

Samick_HJ650_08.jpg

Yes the Samick made Emperors were nice.
Like the Godin but she ain't blonde.
I saw these, $450-$550 new street.
Kinda diggin the Florentine.
Plus it comes w a HS case
I ain't skeered o no Washburn.
image.jpg

Mark is your's new? If so
how was the set up off the shelf, did you do much work on it?
What do you think of the pots and pickups?

I havnt played a Joe Pass since the 90s. I toyed with it for weeks back then but ultimately passed over it for an Epi LP Custom. Both were great guitars.

Mark is your's new? If so
how was the set up off the shelf, did you do much work on it?
What do you think of the pots and pickups?

I havnt played a Joe Pass since the 90s. I toyed with it for weeks back then but ultimately passed over it for an Epi LP Custom. Both were great guitars.
Mine was new but it had obviously been on the wall at GC for a long time. Surprisingly the setup was pretty good. At some point I might look into different pickups but overall the quality is great for the $550 I spent on it.

I have a Joe Pass but this is the one that love,

H98791000001000_IMAGE_02

They run $1299, but you can get them open box stock for around $899. There seems to be a shortage of open box right now but it's something you have to check on a regular basis.

I have played three of these and they have all been wonderful to play and they sounded great.

Back