Dig it! Anyone want to tell us the difference?

Knox in Box

Rustbelt refugee.
3 Strats Epic Battle - Harley Benton / Fender / L…:

Long story short, this guy takes 3 strats and makes 3 identical tracks with them on the same settings. A 99 euro Harley Bento, a Fender strat plus with nordstrom pups and a 3000 euro Lsl. Into really good studio equipment. Our job: try to guess which track belongs to which guitar.

My guess is C, B, A but I just heard it on my tablet for now.

These are always really hard. I like the middle clip the best, then the last one. I liked the first one the least. I thought the strat sounds sounded pretty harsh on that take. As to which comes from which guitar, I would basically just be guessing, but for the sake of the thread....

The first clip was the cheap guitar
The second was the strat plus
The third was the expensive guitar.

Last edited:
Yeah, I got bored listening the the dude and jumped forward to the clips. I will correct my answer.

This is pretty much my reaction to every youtube clip.

Some people hate flame tops. Some people hate middle pickups. Some people hate gold hardware.

I hate gear clips with people talking.

I've actually watched a bunch of this guy's videos in the past. I actually found them pretty informative.

These tests are not that fair, as variations in a single production guitar can affect the sound significantly. But I agree Knox in a Box and tiltsta. That's how I would order my preference, anyway.

The first one has a dullness that reminds me of cheap pickups. The second sounded great (articulate and pleasant), but the third sounded phenomenal (same as #2 but more chime).

These tests are not that fair, as variations in a single production guitar can affect the sound significantly. But I agree Knox in a Box and tiltsta. That's how I would order my preference, anyway.

The first one has a dullness that reminds me of cheap pickups. The second sounded great (articulate and pleasant), but the third sounded phenomenal (same as #2 but more chime).
Did anybody click on the link in the purple box towards the end of the video which points you at the results video?

Did anybody click on the link in the purple box towards the end of the video which points you at the results video?
LOL no I hadn't. But I just watched it.

Kind of lame that two of the guitars had old .010 strings and one had new .009 strings. Kind of ruins it since the strings are a pretty big part of the sound. Of course the darkest sounding guitar had the oldest strings.
But it was a fun exercise nonetheless.

Back