Anyone Want To Have A Go At a "Celebration Day" Backing Track?

mosiddiqi

The Curry Master
Staff member
This is a BT of the live version from "TSRTS"..I was playing the album this morning and remembered what a cracking solo this is..
love.gif
..simple (sort of, bar Jimmys phrasing) but very tasty. This is a really good solo to try and learn by ear if you haven't tried to do that before!

This is the BT:

http://www.box.net/shared/s3gxsu0qgvn8rs988e11

And my take to get us started, I tried to stay close to the original, but feel free to improvise!

http://www.box.net/shared/9xbdr19046c4kct8z9hj

Lets
Totally_jammin_out.gif

Will move to the BT section later. :)

I wore the grooves out on that song when I was a kid. At that time, I played bass and JPJ was (and still is) one of my heroes. Loved the bass line as well as Jimmy's guitar work. I need to go re-discover it today. As for the solo, I'm not ready to subject myself to public ridicule by sharing my take.

I wore the grooves out on that song when I was a kid. At that time, I played bass and JPJ was (and still is) one of my heroes. Loved the bass line as well as Jimmy's guitar work. I need to go re-discover it today. As for the solo, I'm not ready to subject myself to public ridicule by sharing my take.

Yeah, the bass line is fantastic. I wouldn't worry about ridicule here, people are pretty supportive, it's all good practise!...just committing to record a take and doing some work to get it down is beneficial I find. :)

Yeah, the bass line is fantastic. I wouldn't worry about ridicule here, people are pretty supportive, it's all good practise!...just committing to record a take and doing some work to get it down is beneficial I find. :)

I'd have to agree with Mo....this is probably the safest place to get your feet wet. :)

I've never been a Zep fan, really, but I might take a stab at this, just for the hell of it.
can't say I'm familiar with the tune at all.

That's a damn cool take you did there.
I shall have a go later.

Very cool Mo. I am still playing catch up on the AC/DC track. Will lay something down later today for that one as I have to fly out tomorrow for a few days.

Back