Anyone update to iOS 8 yet?

There are a few small features I like so far but its not like they reinvented the wheel or anything. Maybe when you get it on the new hardware it'll be something more exciting...I'm on an iPhone 5.

Just done it. As Mark says I dont see any real differences. It installed a few apps and some search windows look different but on an iphone 5c it looks just the same.

The change I'm most interested in is the enhanced ability to share docs between devices. As posted above though that won't be fully working until the new OSX comes out this fall.

For what it's worth, the Wall Street Journal has an article talking about how while aesthetically similar that iOS 8 will give anything from the 4S to the 5S such a a bump it'll be like having a new phone...not the tye of article the folks at apple want people to buy into, but with record setting pre-orders they've got nothing to worry about.

Here's the link: http://online.wsj.com/articles/apple-ios-8-review-a-new-phone-without-buying-one-1410915709

I did the upgrade at work since I had an hour to kill. Went very smoothly, but so far I don't see any major differences. Will check out the health app in a bit.

My iPad 2 is a dog with some apps (Chrome, Facebook), but fine maybe even faster with other apps.

I expected an update to some of the apps to help, but that's not the case so far.

So far I dislike the suggested words on the keypad while you are typing.

Of course I hate anything new, so maybe I'll grow to appreciate it.

Apparently you can install third party keyboards.

EVERYBODY GET SWIFTKEY!

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

I'm hainvg a problem where it keeps asking me to agree to the new terms of service but it wont show me the page to hit "agree". fucking annoying.

BTW, I can't believe anyone is actually buying the 6 Plus. It's like holding a fucking paperback up to your ear. Unless you have big hands or are as tall as Mark, I don't think you could type on it one handed. :shrug:

I'm hainvg a problem where it keeps asking me to agree to the new terms of service but it wont show me the page to hit "agree". fucking annoying.

Is this on your 5? For some reason windows are displaying weird on mine and resizing.

BTW, I can't believe anyone is actually buying the 6 Plus. It's like holding a fucking paperback up to your ear. Unless you have big hands or are as tall as Mark, I don't think you could type on it one handed. :shrug:

people type on phones one handed? who does that? :confused:

Back