Anyone update to iOS 8 yet?

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I've heard there is a problem with the new iCloud Drive thing, so I wouldn't do the upgrade to that if you are. I'm afraid to do my iPad since its now part of the PA system for All Star Trio :facepalm:

Might do my phone though.

As I understand it, the issue with iCloud Drive is that it won't link up seamlessly with OSX devices (Desktops, laptops etc.) until the new version of OSX comes out, Tiger Kitty or whatever they are calling it, lol...

But you just need to not activate it until your OSX machine is updated in October or whatever. You can still download iOS8 and not activate iCloud drive.

http://www.macworld.com/article/268...er-on-upgrading-to-icloud-drive-just-yet.html

That said, I probably won't bother with updating my phone since I will be replacing it Friday. I'll update my iPad as soon as I synch it, probably this weekend.

I have mine set to be pretty destructive on battery life to start with but it seemed to drain the first 10% pretty quickly and then it evened out.

Eh, I'll stick with 7 for now.
Hell, I still have an iPhone4, so I'm obviously not too concerned with keeping up with the latest shit.

No chance. I still regret upgrading to iOS 7 and OS X 10.9. Tim Cook can do an Edward II with his bloated OS updates.

Did it as soon as I could connect to the servers this afternoon - my battery life seems to be improved....

The wife's putting it on the kid's iPad and her iPad mini retina. Can't do it on her iPhone 4S since she's got 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag there and there's no room for the update. Fortunately she's receiving an iPhone 6 on Friday.

I just updated my iPad 2. It took a long time.
My wife's iPad 3 took about half the time.

So far, things seem to work fine, but I haven't tested much.

Back