Anyone up for a new Jam?!!

I'll see if I can find some time..I haven't been able to get my recording rig happening in my office since I had to replace my hard drive...

Have downloaded the BT and will have a go at it today (after I've sorted out the ma-in-law). But I'm not going to listen to Mo's take until I have recorded one that I'm happy with, coz it'll only make me despondent. :embarrassed:

That's a cool take, Mo--very melodic. I've been jamming a lot of mixolydian on a new song I'm working on (laid down rhythm tracks and haven't written any lyrics yet, so I've been treating it as a BT).
I'll try and get a take down on this one maybe tomorrow.
:thu:

Have downloaded the BT and will have a go at it today (after I've sorted out the ma-in-law). But I'm not going to listen to Mo's take until I have recorded one that I'm happy with, coz it'll only make me despondent. :embarrassed:

That's a cool take, Mo--very melodic. I've been jamming a lot of mixolydian on a new song I'm working on (laid down rhythm tracks and haven't written any lyrics yet, so I've been treating it as a BT).
I'll try and get a take down on this one maybe tomorrow.

:thu: :rawk: :rawk:..look forward to 'em!

As an aside, I think Mixolydian is my favourite mode to jam in..something about that Major 3rd with a b7 I really like.

Just a bump for now.

I was up until 3:30 last night recording some takes. I converted my WAV file to MP3 (or so I thought) and loaded into box.net. All I have now is a 2 minute silent MP3. I will post later today when I figure out why my converting program didn't work. :(

I've used FreeRip several times in the past without any problems. What do you guys use to convert WAV to MP3?

It's been too hot to play guitar.
Maybe I'll be able to do something tonight.

Just a bump for now.

I was up until 3:30 last night recording some takes. I converted my WAV file to MP3 (or so I thought) and loaded into box.net. All I have now is a 2 minute silent MP3. I will post later today when I figure out why my converting program didn't work. :(

I've used FreeRip several times in the past without any problems. What do you guys use to convert WAV to MP3?

I convert WAV to MP3 in Reaper..you need to download the DLL and store it in the same directory as Reaper..IIRC. Then, when rendering a mix, you just select "convert to MP3" in Reapers dialog box.

Finally!!!!! ready to post. I don't know why my wav to mp3 conversions were giving me blank songs.

I'm posting this mostly to show how different two people can interpret a song's feel. I didn't listen to mosiddiqi's take until after I did mine.

Mosiddiqi went with a precision, hard rockin' feel :thu: and I went with a sloppy, poorly timed, mellow feel. messedup0

But here it is. I promised myself when I finally went to digital recording I would post my stuff to get feedback and hopefully motivate myself to practice more and improve.

http://www.box.net/shared/e42cp7qzjq

Finally!!!!! ready to post. I don't know why my wav to mp3 conversions were giving me blank songs.

I'm posting this mostly to show how different two people can interpret a song's feel. I didn't listen to mosiddiqi's take until after I did mine.

Mosiddiqi went with a precision, hard rockin' feel :thu: and I went with a sloppy, poorly timed, mellow feel. messedup0

But here it is. I promised myself when I finally went to digital recording I would post my stuff to get feedback and hopefully motivate myself to practice more and improve.

That was trippy dudeman!..I like!..the repeated phrase definitely gave it a hypnotic quality...actually when you played more notes, you sounded less confident with the phrases, though they worked fine...maybe land on chord tones a bit more on those busier phrases, which would give them a more melodic/connected feel. But, fine job overall! :thu:

Oh, as one of the guys in the LL suggested, I did a more laid back take too. :embarrassed:

http://www.box.net/shared/k87q53ipc8

Very nice. I like the mellowness.

Oh shit! That's perfect. The phrasing is great, and the note you hit at :22 gave me chills.
Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to try this out yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks Mike! :)..I was trying to hit more chord tones and just lay off on the phrasing a bit rather than attacking the hell out of it. :embarrassed:

Look forward to yours!...Mark, I'll move this over the weekend.

Hey, here's mine:
http://hc.bloodyvelvet.com/files/225/01 MoMyx Jam.mp3
I don't think it turned out that great. I really didn't feel comfortable in mixolydian on this one, so it ended up being about 60/40-straight major licks/mixolydian licks.
Whatever.

Sounded damn good to me!..the lick just after the mid point change is great..and the sweepy sounding licks towards the end..:love:. If I was going to be super picky, I'd say it lacked a bit of micwalt fire..but that's 'cos I expect to hear that from you everytime. :)..damn, you're HUMAN! :grin:

Sounded damn good to me!..the lick just after the mid point change is great..and the sweepy sounding licks towards the end..:love:. If I was going to be super picky, I'd say it lacked a bit of micwalt fire..but that's 'cos I expect to hear that from you everytime. :)..damn, you're HUMAN! :grin:

Well thanks.
I tried a shreddy take, but it just sounded stupid.
This was me laying back.
:wink:

Back