Anyone tried one of those ultrasonic barking deterrent gadgets?

Here's the thing, we never see them, we just find their shit. I leave at about 6am and get home between 5:30-6pm, my wife is out the door at about 8am and doesn't get home until 4pm at the earliest. These remove the use of the BB/pellet gun (which also wouldn't go over well with anyone, including me) or calling animal control. We rent, so I'm not going ask about or bother fencing anything.

Most of the folks seem good with their dogs. The only culprit that I can potentially point to (I was gonna say finger, but that just sounds wrong...thanks a lot Trump!) is this older guy that rides around on his bike with at least one dog running along/near him. I've only seen him once, but it's also the only time I seen dogs in the area (that haven't "escaped") running freely in the area.

I'm not a big dog person, but not a hater either. That said, I've literally had enough of this shit and am finding both animals involved extremely annoying. Cat at least hide their shit (unless sick or angry). Dogs just drop it anywhere and shitty owners that won't pick it up deserve to eat it...seriously.

Get a security camera and find out who is doing the doody

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but you should get a security camera. :thu:

Yard on all sides of the house and it's a corner house and the corner area is divided by trees, so I'd need about five of them. Ima try dat spray stuff before I do anything. And even that pisses me off, because I shouldn't have to invest a single cent into stopping some asshole's dog from shitting in our yard. Fucking people are the worst.

Ima try dat spray stuff before I do anything.

Test in on a corner of the yard first. Those repellents smell like a corpse stuffed with eggs and shit rotting in the sun and the odor induces vomiting. If you do all four sides of your yard you might end up in a hotel for two weeks.

This is definitely of interest to me. Well - my fiance. She just had a new neighbor move into her small apartment complex (4 units). Her unit is no pets, but a new family moved into one of the units with a small dag. And whenever they leave the dog alone (which is a lot) it will bark incessantly. For hours on end. They get away with having the dog by stating it is a companion animal for their son, despite the fact that the kid is very rarely even there. And the dog is very aggressive towards other people.

Buy them a citronella spray collar to user when they aren’t home. It sprays citronella in the air and the dog just stops barking. Worked wonders when I was in an apartment with noisy elevators.

Buy them a citronella spray collar to user when they aren’t home. It sprays citronella in the air and the dog just stops barking. Worked wonders when I was in an apartment with noisy elevators.

Noted. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back