Anyone tried one of those ultrasonic barking deterrent gadgets?

dmn23

Duller than cardboard
The neighbor's dog is making me insane and something's got to give. Have any of you guys tried one of those ultrasonic barking deterrent gadgets?

This pertains to my interests!

If there is such a thing it would probably be a better option than triple doggicide. :mad:

Long those lines, how do you get neighbors to stop letting their fucking dogs roam free and shit in your yard? I fucking hate that shit. It's passive aggressive and disrespectful. I can't mow the lawn with out having to dodge these bombs and I have to warn my kids to look out for some asshole's dog shit in our yard.

My base solution will start with collecting Trump signs after the election and putting a makeshift "D" over the "Tr" and adding a upper part asking people to not let their dog Dump in our yard. Unfortunately there's enough Trump supporters in the area that it'll cause a stink...maybe they'll start shitting in our yard as well...

I wouldn't waste my money on one of those things unless you can get it back, 100% w/o incurring shipping or return charges. I know a couple people who've bought those in the past and they didn't work.

Talk to your neighbor
look up your local noise ordinances as many cover this type of situation & contact the po po if your neighbor doesn't remedy the issue. A fine for violating the noise ord is a good motivator but you're also risking a little neighborhood war

Long those lines, how do you get neighbors to stop letting their fucking dogs roam free and shit in your yard? I fucking hate that shit. It's passive aggressive and disrespectful. I can't mow the lawn with out having to dodge these bombs and I have to warn my kids to look out for some asshole's dog shit in our yard.

My base solution will start with collecting Trump signs after the election and putting a makeshift "D" over the "Tr" and adding a upper part asking people to not let their dog Dump in our yard. Unfortunately there's enough Trump supporters in the area that it'll cause a stink...maybe they'll start shitting in our yard as well...

Crosman-760-pump-pellet-gun.jpg

I kinda hate the things because they trigger my heart rate monitor when I'm exercising saying my heart is beating over 220 beats per minute. Scares the crap out of me. Lots of people have those things now but I'm not certain if they really eliminate barking or if they are a panacea for dog owners who can't seem to get their dog under control.

Put up a fence. And call animal control every single time the dogs are roaming free. Paying a fine to get the dogs back adds up quickly.

Here's the thing, we never see them, we just find their shit. I leave at about 6am and get home between 5:30-6pm, my wife is out the door at about 8am and doesn't get home until 4pm at the earliest. These remove the use of the BB/pellet gun (which also wouldn't go over well with anyone, including me) or calling animal control. We rent, so I'm not going ask about or bother fencing anything.

Most of the folks seem good with their dogs. The only culprit that I can potentially point to (I was gonna say finger, but that just sounds wrong...thanks a lot Trump!) is this older guy that rides around on his bike with at least one dog running along/near him. I've only seen him once, but it's also the only time I seen dogs in the area (that haven't "escaped") running freely in the area.

I'm not a big dog person, but not a hater either. That said, I've literally had enough of this shit and am finding both animals involved extremely annoying. Cat at least hide their shit (unless sick or angry). Dogs just drop it anywhere and shitty owners that won't pick it up deserve to eat it...seriously.

I wouldn't waste my money on one of those things unless you can get it back, 100% w/o incurring shipping or return charges. I know a couple people who've bought those in the past and they didn't work.

Talk to your neighbor
look up your local noise ordinances as many cover this type of situation & contact the po po if your neighbor doesn't remedy the issue. A fine for violating the noise ord is a good motivator but you're also risking a little neighborhood war
I'd second this. Those things are probably mostly snake oil.

Also, is the dog barking at you, or just barking at nothing in particular. If it is at you, you might try carrying some dog treats in your pocket and try to become friends with it. A lot of times dogs bark as a defense mechanism when they feel threatened. Once you prove you're not a threat, and instead offer treats, the dog will most likely come running to you with his tail wagging instead of barking.

I cannot stand the never-ending, ceaseless "barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark" all night long. I don't know how the dog's owners live with it. When my lab starts this shit, I get up, go to the back door and tell him the shut the hell up, and thankfully he does.

Our closest neighbor is roughly 500 yards away. I can hear their dog yapping all night, but it's so far away I can barely hear it.

As far as people who let their dogs roam free, dealing with their dogshit is bad. Finding your cat's carcass is way worse.

Our closest neighbor is roughly 500 yards away. I can hear their dog yapping all night, but it's so far away I can barely hear it.
Dang. our closest neighbor is roughly 3 feet away, but those 3 feet are essentially all brick, so I can't hear anything that goes on over there.

I cannot stand the never-ending, ceaseless "barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark" all night long. I don't know how the dog's owners live with it. When my lab starts this shit, I get up, go to the back door and tell him the shut the hell up, and thankfully he does.

As far as people who let their dogs roam free, dealing with their dogshit is bad. Finding your cat's carcass is way worse.

It's just like a crying baby to parents...you cope by becoming desensitized to it. Although, I was never good with it when my boys were babies...so I know I couldn't/wouldn't be okay with it from a dog I owned either.

This is definitely of interest to me. Well - my fiance. She just had a new neighbor move into her small apartment complex (4 units). Her unit is no pets, but a new family moved into one of the units with a small dag. And whenever they leave the dog alone (which is a lot) it will bark incessantly. For hours on end. They get away with having the dog by stating it is a companion animal for their son, despite the fact that the kid is very rarely even there. And the dog is very aggressive towards other people.

She wanted to get one of those ultrasonic thing to shut the dog up when they are not there. Too bad they don't work.

Here's the thing, we never see them, we just find their shit. I leave at about 6am and get home between 5:30-6pm, my wife is out the door at about 8am and doesn't get home until 4pm at the earliest. These remove the use of the BB/pellet gun (which also wouldn't go over well with anyone, including me) or calling animal control. We rent, so I'm not going ask about or bother fencing anything.

Most of the folks seem good with their dogs. The only culprit that I can potentially point to (I was gonna say finger, but that just sounds wrong...thanks a lot Trump!) is this older guy that rides around on his bike with at least one dog running along/near him. I've only seen him once, but it's also the only time I seen dogs in the area (that haven't "escaped") running freely in the area.

I'm not a big dog person, but not a hater either. That said, I've literally had enough of this shit and am finding both animals involved extremely annoying. Cat at least hide their shit (unless sick or angry). Dogs just drop it anywhere and shitty owners that won't pick it up deserve to eat it...seriously.

Wireless outdoor security cam w/ motion detection....find out who's doing it and go shit in their yard.

i would go with some kind of cheap cam in the yard to first find out which dog is to blame. then depending on who the owner is, take necessary action.

if you are going to stop it, you'll need proof which dog it is, first. a pic of the owner's dog hunched over taking the shit, it going to be hard to deny.

Back