Anyone looking for an Allen?

ee7718e0839c7680478eecb15def058e.jpg

Sent from Crab Nebulae via reverse engineered alien technology

Looks super nice. Sadly, I can't buy anything that plugs in to a US outlet anymore.

Not knocking the guys build quality, but $1200 is seems high for a used, kit-built Allen. Used Sweet Spots built by Davis Allen don't command that much. Much, much harder to flip the one built from kits.

Not sure how much more to kick in for the switch and attenuator.

Last edited:
Not knocking the guys build quality, but $1200 is seems high for a used, kit-built Allen. Used Sweet Spots built by Davis Allen don't command that much. Much, much harder to flip the one built from kits.

Not sure how much more to kick in for the switch and attenuator.
The attenuator sells for 200 new, so maybe 125?

So I decided that I didn't need a new amp, for these reasons:

1. I realized that I can stick a 6L6 in my small Nace without re-biasing.

2. I have 2 non-working, vintage Fender Bandmasters collecting dust for no apparent reason.

3. I already have a grab-n-go amp in the form of a Vox VT15 that honestly sounds pretty good.

4. Guitars are fun to buy.

5. Pedals too.

6. I'm not even very good at playing guitar (and should really just invest in some lessons).

So I decided that I didn't need a new amp, for these reasons:

1. I realized that I can stick a 6L6 in my small Nace without re-biasing.

2. I have 2 non-working, vintage Fender Bandmasters collecting dust for no apparent reason.

3. I already have a grab-n-go amp in the form of a Vox VT15 that honestly sounds pretty good.

4. Guitars are fun to buy.

5. Pedals too.

6. I'm not even very good at playing guitar (and should really just invest in some lessons).

You should get those Bandmasters working and take lessons from Mark. :embarrassed:

Man, that's the amp I really want, but I do want it with a 12" and would prefer an Allen built one, especially at that price.

Back