Anyone know anything about this?

"SupernalCryo Processing"
They bought the RCA factory in Mound House Nevada.
I'm guessing they are targeting the audiophool market.

. . .manufacturing vacuum tubes. In addition to making all of the internal parts, RCH Labs creates the glass bulbs and "stem ware," as Ryan called it, the piece that ensures the tube's seal. Right now, the company produces only 6L6es, which cost $200 each and reportedly last much longer than those from other makers. In the future, RCH Labs will begin making KT88 and 6550 output tubes, along with 12AX7, 12AU7 and 12AT7 small-signal tubes. Ryan stressed that "cleanliness and quality of materials" were paramount for producing vacuum tubes, and he made an interesting observation regarding the need for matching: "When you limit issues, you get tubes that match themselves."

I thought this operation had already gone under.

I just discovered it because someone on Facebook said that they had ordered tubes from them.

My dad worked for RCA in the 50's and early 60's as a tech. Before he passed away in 2007 I told him how much a matched pair of NOS 6v6's cost for my '71 Deluxe and laughed about how many boxes of tubes he threw away in 1977 when we moved here from New York. Probably could have put me through a year of college :embarrassed:

It would be awesome to have quality, USA-built tubes again. Unfortunately, I suspect that they will have ridiculous prices too. If the $200 price is per tube, then forget it. It'd cost me $800 just to replace the 6L6's, let alone the pre-amp tubes.

I just discovered it because someone on Facebook said that they had ordered tubes from them.

My dad worked for RCA in the 50's and early 60's as a tech. Before he passed away in 2007 I told him how much a matched pair of NOS 6v6's cost for my '71 Deluxe and laughed about how many boxes of tubes he threw away in 1977 when we moved here from New York. Probably could have put me through a year of college :embarrassed:

Same goes for all the old strats that were abused and thrown away from pawn shops when they were thought to be "disposable" guitars unlike "real" Gibsons..... and now they're 5 figures.

I need to see what Kevin Nelson put in my Deluxe when he fixed it back in December. It sounds fucking awesome now.

Now that I'm looking on their site I'm not seeing anything about product for sale or even updates in their news. Perhaps they are folded.

Well, if they were charging $200 per 6L6 they priced themselves right out of the market. If they had come in under the NOS prices... I mean you can get an NOS JAN-Philips for $70. $60 a tube would've probably been the sweet spot for their market, not $200.

I would definitely pay a premium for a quality made in the USA product but $200 a pop is a little too rich for my blood.

I would definitely pay a premium for a quality made in the USA product but $200 a pop is a little too rich for my blood.
There's nothing in a tube that costs that much, even in the US. This was a money grab for the three rich idiots that have tube amps and the budget. They must've saturated that market within 3-4 days.

Back