Anyone know anything about Swart amps?

Sounds a lot like the Trinity Tramp.
Single ended.
Can take those same tubes.

The daisycutter 10w I built could also take 6V6/EL34/6L6/KT66 power tubes.
I found a similar thing w/ the daisyutter where the various tubes would change the headroom/breakup point & somewhat less so, the character of the amp.

The daisycutter 10w I built could also take 6V6/EL34/6L6/KT66 power tubes.
I found a similar thing w/ the daisyutter where the various tubes would change the headroom/breakup point & somewhat less so, the character of the amp.
The neat thing about the Tramp is that you can just swap tubes and things change a bit or you can rewire impedance rotary switch to change which tap off of the OT is in use. It really makes a difference since the EL34 really wants about half the primary impedance as the 6L6 does.

I think that amp has a drinking problem.
q2edsofgqenby1ocrhli.jpg

The lead guitar player in my brother-in-law's band tours all over with two (main and one back-up). He mics them when he plays out, but he can get a good overdriven toan without carrying a huge amp. They're blues and bluegrass based.

Swart is the reason I built my Champ. I just couldn't pony up the funds.

It sounded like a cool amp but I either needed funds towards my Guild or an amp with more usable clean headroom unmic'd so I passed. The Holland sold the next day for what I had into it plus shipping so I'm happy.

It would have been nice to try this but it just didn't work out this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's what guitar shops and shows are for :wink:

Try an Atomic Space Tone if you run across one, it's more in the range of what you're looking for.
I'll eventually end up owning some sort of 5e3 variant in the future for sure. I just don't have the money or immediate need for it. I have to go by Guitar Collector today to drop off some cards though...... :embarrassed:

I'll eventually end up owning some sort of 5e3 variant in the future for sure. I just don't have the money or immediate need for it. I have to go by Guitar Collector today to drop off some cards though...... :embarrassed:

From what you posted, that looks like it could be a dangerous place...leave your wallet out in the car so you at least have the inconvenience of having to walk back out to get it before you buy something else :grin:

From what you posted, that looks like it could be a dangerous place...leave your wallet out in the car so you at least have the inconvenience of having to walk back out to get it before you buy something else :grin:

And probably let Mrs. W stay home as well :wink:

Back